IB TWS vs other platforms

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by CA04, Feb 27, 2012.

1. CA04

CA04

Hey All,

I've been trading solely using IB TWS for awhile now. I don't use any indicators just the 5-min 2day chart. Is there any reason to switch to say MultiCharts, Sierra or Ninja if I don't use indicators?

I would like to trade off the chart instead of having to go to the TWS quote page and click on bid or ask and adjust it.

Basically I'm wondering if its worth switching... I think Multi Charts Discretionary is free so maybe I should head there.

Thoughts?

2. you don't need to switch - just use ib's chart trader or if you want you can just put a dom on another monitor if you have more than one and enter that way. keep it simple.

3. Does IB's TWS have a DOM? Or are you suggesting a third party add-on like, ButtonTrader, Ninja Trader and Bracket-Trader.

4. agate

agate

Hello friends, this is Agate, I am electrician in profession. I would like to say that plenty of great advice is available here actually.

5. Does IB's TWS have a DOM? Or are you suggesting a third party add-on like, ButtonTrader, Ninja Trader and Bracket-Trader.

6. JackR

JackR

CA04:

IB's DOM is called BookTrader. Just do a search in the TWS Help.

If you have been successfully trading using IB's chart and entering orders via the TWS you don't need to worry about the info in this very long thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=201562

However, if you want to "fix" the BookTrader lawyer required extra click, you will find two different solutions in the thread.

Jack

7. Thanks, I'll check out the link, and take a peek at the book trader.