IB TWS: Trades Commission Reported Incorrectly

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by trend7rader, Jul 16, 2010.

1. I've been trying to resolve this issue with IB's rep imranf, but having no joy. Is anyone else experiencing problems with Ideal Pro Commission being reported incorrectly in the 'trades' screen in TWS? For the last 3 weeks TWS is showing incorrect commission in trades screen on all forex ideal pro trades. I use this window for logging trades, it is inconvenient to manually change these numbers.
    If not I guess it would be a problem with my saved configuration which I will need to re-set up. I'm told IB programmers are looking into it, but can't get a response on whether this is specific to my configuration or all users. Thanks for any help.

2. When I last upgraded TWS (earlier this year to build 901.8) I immediately noticed that the commissions reported on the Trades screen were in the transaction currency and not the base currency. For example, when buying AUD.NZD the commission would be shown in NZD rather than USD. I contacted Customer Service to ask if there was an option in TWS to get it back to USD reporting like I previously had. They discussed with a programmer and told me no. It was a design change with no plans to return it to the way it had been.

Note that the commissions are correctly reported in base currency on the Trade Confirmations report and daily account statement.

3. Thanks Hurricance, IB got back to me and confirmed it likely the currency exchange on commission, from memory before it was quoting JPY in JPY commission and everything else in USD. Looks like they changed it as you point out.
    Thanks again, much appreciated.