IB TWS tradelog missing contract

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by QuasWexExort, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Has anyone experienced any errors in IB's trade log before ? I know I did a 20 contracts yet the trade log shows the trade to be 19. Daily statement confirmed my trade was 20. First time I've seen this type of error with IB.

ibx1.png

Be careful people make sure you double check your trades and don't trust TWS.

2. I've never seen that before, but looks like it wasn't a major error, the statement had it correctly.

3. I never noticed such a discrepancy before but I do run a report every morning that I use to keep my own trade log database up to date.

4. elt894

elt894

It's happened to me a couple times. If you expand that trade, I think the individual fills will sum to 20. It seems to occur if the fills take place over an extended time, and I open the trade log during that period, but it doesn't happen every time. I think restarting TWS fixed it.

5. Hmm already been 2 days and restarted TWS several times, the fills still only tally to 19. The whole order was filled at the same instant.

ibx3.png

At least the overall net position counter from TWS got it right though so the only error was in the trade log.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2018
  6. elt894

elt894

Hmm...it might have been logging in on a different computer or with a different username (I have two linked to the same account) rather than restarting. Anyway, it sounds like you have a different bug than what was affecting me. Another one I see more frequently is the size is momentarily wrong but then updates after a second.

7. Have you reported this observation to IB? I would be interested to hear from them which report to give higher priority (or trust) if there are discrepancies.

8. Na I couldn't be bothered as the important parts of portfolio net position and statements are both correct.