IB TWS sucks for Options trading

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tigerwu, Nov 12, 2011.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

Yes, IB should supply them with more Batmans and less Transformers but we all know that's not going to happen.

#31     Nov 16, 2011
  2. To be clear, the IB / Timber Hill relationship does not bother me.

While I would prefer to be transacting with naive customer flow, hitting Timberland occasionally is OK, if I need to get something done.

Bottom line - the liquidity provided is worth it, and there appears to be price improvement.

That's not a bad thing by any means.

p.s. hey tiger -- sounds like you're also punting vol ;o)

#32     Nov 16, 2011
  3. tigerwu

tigerwu

Yeh, been punting vol for the last 10 years on the buy and sell side across the world. I also think IB is not too bad. It's the only one around that provides a decent platform and access to international markets. Timber Hill has great technology. But I am not really playing that game. As long as they contribute to tighter spreads in the market, I am happy. Personally I think you would be crazy to make penny wide markets in anything. But that's just stupid me talking..... haha.

#33     Nov 17, 2011
  4. tigerwu

tigerwu

Now IBsoft: Please fix the implied cash problem. Why would you want me to pay someone 50k a year for a system when I can be paying you that or more in commissions?!

#34     Nov 17, 2011
  5. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

What is the implied cash problem?

#35     Nov 17, 2011
  6. tigerwu

tigerwu

see my post on page 3. last one.

#36     Nov 17, 2011
  7. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

responded on page 5, with pictures

may be faster to get on the same page if you PM me how we can contact you

#37     Nov 17, 2011
  8. syrre

syrre

IB TWS sucks for any trading

#38     Nov 17, 2011
  9. jayre

jayre

The IB / Timber Hill relationship does not bother me as well. Its the IB policies that result from it that I dont like. Do you understand?

#39     Nov 17, 2011
  10. Yes. Got an alternative? Similar policy incentives at all insto brokers as far as I am aware.

#40     Nov 17, 2011