IB TWS Stock Lookup Lag

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ET180, Jan 29, 2019.

1. qlai

qlai

I don't think we are trying to make ourselves heard so much as trying to figure out if the problem is unique to us or is affecting others as well. It's not like IB notified anyone of any issues. We should really create a separate journal = "IB issues affecting ET customer base at the moment." With Baron's permission of course :)

#21     Jan 30, 2019
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Permission granted. :thumbsup:

#22     Jan 30, 2019
    HobbyTrading and qlai like this.
  3. ET180

ET180

I contacted IB and it is a known issue. They are working on it, but do not have a fix yet.

#23     Jan 30, 2019
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

This is almost not worth mentioning, but does anyone else see a real jittery screen when you open the "trades" tab on the activity window? Seems like that just started happening last week too.

#24     Jan 31, 2019
  5. Bob111

Bob111

#25     Jan 31, 2019
  6. qlai

qlai

#26     Jan 31, 2019
  7. Does anyone have TWS 956? That version was problem free but I no longer have the download on my desktop. If so, please upload. Thank you

#27     Feb 1, 2019
  8. ET180

ET180

I don't think it's a client issue. I think the issue with the lookup lag is on the server side. I only started seeing this issue this week, maybe end of last week.

#28     Feb 1, 2019
  9. mskl

mskl

Problem started January 16th. 2+ weeks now

This is worrisome because I was told last night that it is priority #1 for them right now and they still have not managed to correct it.

#29     Feb 1, 2019
  10. Good discussion. I’ve been having this problem and it’s pretty annoying lately. I have a lot of tickers in my TWS so I type in the stock ticker to jump to the part of the page with the ticker. When it’s lagging, this means there’s a 5-30sec delay before I can pull up the stock for a trade. Sometimes it even pops up a little window that says it’s querying some lookup database, but most of the time it does nothing and if you do something else in the meanwhile, like switch tabs in TWS, it basically stops that lookup.

Another bad place for this is in the Intergrated Stock Trader window or various L2 tools - it takes a long time to switch tickers and the number of these you can have open is limited so you can’t easily have everything you want open the way you potentially could with L1 TWS ticker rows.

#30     Feb 2, 2019