ib tws shut downs

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by steeldust, Sep 14, 2005.

1. hi. anyone have a problem with the IB tws standalone just shutting down? i can logback in right away,but it just closes with no warning.it doesnt do it all the time just random it seems. any ideas? thanx alot:)

2. MY TWS shut down for keeps so I closed my account. Now I am so hard up, I'm thinking about opening up another one with them.:(

3. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Trying uninstalling and reinstalling java.

Also upgrade/downgrade your tws version. This usually fixes most tws quirks.

4. You should always look in the file "log.XXX.txt" in your /jts folder where XXX is 3 character day of week. If your tws just shuts down because of a java crash, a full stack trace should be written to the file. You will probably need the info in the log file to diagnose the crash.

5. ok,thanx.so its probably a java thing?i upgraded to the newest ver. of the tws but it was doing this shut down thing before also.
    can a firewall cause this? thanx

6. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Is it the auto-logoff?
    On your TWS. Configure > Misc > Auto Logoff time

7. hi steve. nope. i checked that already. when it shuts down,it looks like it disconnects,you know when the screen chanes to graphlines covering the quote screen,then it closes. i'm going to reinstall everything and see.