IB TWS security token asked after disconnection

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by travis, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Requested feedback (by travis) on current status:

For me, the problem is no more present for some time now.

Thanks to posters and IB.

#51     Mar 8, 2012
  2. travis

travis

Thank you for the feedback. This helps all of us who opted out (to avoid the frequent problems) to evaluate whether to opt back in.

#52     Mar 8, 2012
  3. NickNLD

NickNLD

Since monday last week things are running smoothly again. Seems IB fixed the problem.

#53     Mar 8, 2012

4. All fine. It has been working as it should. Very good! ;-))

Tom

#54     Mar 8, 2012
  5. travis

travis

That's great. I'll opt back into the Secure Login System next week. Thanks to IB and thanks to all of you who participated in the thread.

#55     Mar 8, 2012
  6. Yes the problem was solved for me also. Thanks!

#56     Mar 8, 2012
  7. GTG

GTG

Thank You to the people who brought this to IB's attention, and to the IB team for fixing it so promptly. I'd seen this problem too with my account and was really glad to stumble across this thread and see that it has been fixed.

#57     Mar 8, 2012
  8. Today i juts got the first rechallenge since the latest fix.

I have currently open the challenge window (and the trading robot is out of game).

I will let you know if this happens again.

Make sure you are not going back to the problem...

Tom

PS I dont know what kind of gimmick you are doing server side, but note that it should be physically impossible to rechallenge the user until he restarts the gateway/tws. If you introduce the simple flag as i suggested, relogging with the stored good credential there will be no way this problem happens again.

#58     Mar 25, 2012
  9. RainMann

RainMann

I'd pay extra for a better security device. I'd like one that will plug into a USB port, and then simply "auto answer" the challenge. Seems easy.

#59     Mar 25, 2012
  10. The point is that it does not have to rechallenge, for no reason, as we have said many times. Do whatever on server side, but leave alone the client side.

Cannot break and disrupt our operations on client side.

(They lose automated people and boatloads of commissions.)

T

#60     Mar 25, 2012