IB TWS security token asked after disconnection

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by travis, Feb 22, 2012.

1. kostia00

kostia00 Interactive Brokers

We'll investigate this; travis and Catoosa, can you please check your PM? If anyone else has a recent example of the problem, and would be willing to provide information to diagnose it, please PM me.

#31     Feb 23, 2012
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

I trade through IB and I usually run my machine about 7 hours a day and haven't had any connections issues. Am running build 918.7. Is it possible your internet provider is blowing chunks?

#32     Feb 23, 2012
  3. Maybe you have not updated. Latest version does that. (I trade several instances 24/7. And so do my traders.)

It's sure. Let me say it again: gateway and tws must never rechallenge the user, unless the application is closed by the user.

T

And more for IB: place an account view (copy paste tws code) on the gateway. And make optional the tws auto log off (just add 1 checkbox). Takes less than 5 minutes .

How many times this has to be said ?

#33     Feb 23, 2012
  4. NickNLD

NickNLD

Hi,

I also experience the TWS disconnects with the security token pop-ups. This also makes trading auto strategies difficult for me.

I had this problem for the last weeks with TWS 917 and with 921 which I upgraded to last week.

Today I sent a message to IB trough the message center and was informed that IB acknowledges this problem and that it will be solved today or early next week.

I'm on the european server and the disconnects always happen at about 06:30 CET. Sometimes the connection is re-established within a minute automatically, sometimes I have to restart TWS to get a connection.

Thanks.

#34     Feb 23, 2012
  5. Catoosa

Catoosa

Today I unplugged the power to my modem for about 30 seconds and was able to reproduce the TWS popup challenge box while the TWS program was still open. I tried this about 10 more times and did not get the popup challenge box. This popup problem must require certain conditions that were not existing when I tried to reproduce the problem because TWS would reestablish the connection without the challenge box as TWS should.

#35     Feb 23, 2012
  6. Why use IB? No tick data, no sim, whos to say they aren't pulling a corzine ;)

#36     Feb 23, 2012
  7. Yes for temporary internet disconnections, often it reconnects without rechallenging.

But occasionally it does re-challenge (even if no internet disconnection occurred). I lately get an avg of more than 3 pop-ups per day: destroying any automation.

They just need to make sure that <b>the user be never challenged again as long as the user, on his side, does not shut down completely the application</b> (gateway or tws) [make sure no rechallenge after weekends or any downtime or maintenance].

That is it. It's not rocket science.

T

#37     Feb 24, 2012
  8. I would really like the ability to get a login token on my cell phone using SMS and/or possibly a custom App.

#38     Feb 24, 2012
  9. Eight

Eight

i'm thinking that at relogin time if you still have the same ip address IB trusts your relogin effort.. dynamic ip addresses update every so often, sometimes only last for hours don't they?? Maybe a Static IP on your end would stabilize things for you.. if not then IB is really a mess..

#39     Feb 24, 2012
  10. I doubt that that is the issue.

My ip address never changes and I have the problem.

#40     Feb 24, 2012