IB TWS Question

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by OldTrader, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Does it do this by breaking the stock quotes, lol.

Anyone else have that problem and find the fix?

#21     Apr 25, 2006
  2. Happened to me after upgrade to 858. Called customer service. They told me to upgrade the API version to the latest. After I upgraded to the beta version, DDE started working again.
    Note that you don't need to upgrade your DDE.xls file, just install the API.

#22     Apr 25, 2006
  3. Thanks for the response Pete.

First, I downloaded the latest update to TWS this AM in hopes that the problem was addressed. Currently using Build 858.4. Unfortunately, this Build did not address my aforementioned problem as I had hoped, since my TWS loaded all the settings that I was using at some distant point in the past ie April Gold instead on June Gold, etc. I used "restore settings" to correct the problem.

Tonight I have tried your suggestions.

First, I located the settings.xml file, and deleted.

I checked the tws.xml file. It is not read-only. Currently shows as an archive file. Can't tell if it is "locked by another process".

We'll see how this works tomorrow AM. Will let you know.

By the way, this problem was reported a couple of weeks ago when this Build was initially introduced. Supposedly according to your customer service rep this was a widespread problem which was being addressed. It appears that they did not address it. Hopefully your fix solves the problem, but certainly you would want to pass on to someone that this is a problem in the current Build.

OldTrader

#23     Apr 26, 2006
  4. JayBailey

JayBailey

Folks, simply install the API Beta 8.84 on your PCs, and TWS 858's DDE will be perfect, and, will give you option implied vols and deltas.

That is all you need to do -- don't touch settings files, sacrifice anything to dieties, panic, etc.

#24     Apr 26, 2006
  5. Pete:

Just want to update regarding my problem. After deleting the settings.xml file, my problem seems to have disappeared. Thank you for the help.

OldTrader

#25     Apr 30, 2006
  6. TGM

TGM

I have not been able to find the settings.xml file. That contral alt thing does not work for me. Although, I am not known for my tech proficiency

is there a way to do it in Windows explorer???

#26     Apr 30, 2006
  7. You select a ticker by clicking on it. Then hit "ctrl-alt-U" (hit then simultaneously). A box comes up that gives you the directory. On mine it is C:\JTS\dhlkfgn\

OldTrader

#27     Apr 30, 2006
  8. zdreg

zdreg

what is the next step?

#28     May 3, 2006
  9. itsme

itsme

Just save ddedll.dll from old version and rewrite it after you install new one location Windows folder.

#29     May 11, 2006