IB TWS Question

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by OldTrader, Apr 10, 2006.

1. TGM

TGM

I hope this subsequent build happens SOON!

#11     Apr 18, 2006
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Same here, also even after using the retore settings menu I STILL have to go in and enter order defaults again and again...

#12     Apr 21, 2006
  3. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

It sounds like your tws.xml file cannot be overwritten. Make sure this file is not read-only or locked by another process. Also, I suggest you delete your settings.xml file, which is no longer used. To find the directory containing these files, run TWS, select a ticker row, and press ctrl-alt-U.

#13     Apr 21, 2006
  4. Is there anyone out there who never uses the most recent build of the TWS, but instead as a policy stays a build or two behind the cutting edge so there are fewer bugs to contend with (versus using the latest and greatest build)?

#14     Apr 21, 2006
  5. I'm still using TWS 854.7 from December -- I won't be upgrading until I'm forced to. I got burned by an upgrade and it cost me about $500 which wasn't a huge deal (it was over several accounts) but isn't a thing I want to repeat.

I would upgrade more often but there are way too many undocumented changes that affect order handling....

SSB

#15     Apr 21, 2006
  6. alanm

alanm

I'm at 853.7 from October. It's stable for what I do, and I can live with the quirks I know about. I'd like some of the new features, but I have better things to do than go through a testing/fix cycle. I hope there won't be a need to update any time soon.

This has nothing to do with IB - the same issues exist (for me, at least) with any tools I use.

#16     Apr 24, 2006
  7. Newest TWS breaks DDE in Excel. News at 11.

#17     Apr 25, 2006
  8. sometimes i use 854 but scanner don't work well'n'its me treasure seeker..cudn't do without it.
    also booktrader colours not of me likin'n'not as clear as da ones i set up on newest versions..for da rest works just fine with less cpu usage'n'maybe more stability.

#18     Apr 25, 2006
  9. JayBailey

JayBailey

The new API Beta 8.84 has a new DDE .dll that supports option computation ticks.

Enjoy.

#19     Apr 25, 2006
  10. alanm

alanm

Welcome, Jay.

#20     Apr 25, 2006