IB TWS question

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by bundlemaker, Oct 24, 2003.

1. On the Page menu, I select New OPtion Chains...
    I enter a name for the page and the page is created.
    I enter a symbol and the other parameters and it all works.
    Problem is, I can't seem to find a way to change the symbol. Is that the way it's supposed to be? Seems kind of a drag to have to make a new page every time you look at a different symbol.

2. gms

gms

I believe it's limited to one symbol per page. You can't change it. You can't delete it. You have to delete the page.

3. thx gms, I was starting to think that myself. If anyone from IB see's this, if possible, add this to TWS wish list.

4. syd697

syd697

You can very easily change the symbol on the option chain page. You need to click on the button "clear all" to input a new underlying symbol, and then you can click the "submit" button to retrieve the option quotes. Problem is, you can't see the "clear all" button on a single monitor page (depending on your screen resolution). Mine is set at 800x600, so I have to slightly drag the right side of the TWS onto my adjacent monitor to view the "clear all" button.

Try it.

5. Maybe instead of trading I aughta compete in the Biggest Moron In the Universe contest. Thanks syd