IB TWS Question

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Don87109, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Anybody know if there is a way to move the contracts I have configured (stocks, options, etc) from one page to another?

I think TWS has an "export and import contracts" function that might work but it only exports all your contracts so you would have to edit it and then import it and then delete from the original page. Kinda clunky.

My main trading page is getting cluttered and I want to break it up into separate pages.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Don

2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

The short way is just to repeat pages and delete what you wish.

I'm sure there is a better way, but in the meantime, you need to get work done, right?

3. donnap

donnap

Hi Don,

I remember your non-dividend paying stock posts from the past. You would get blasted by the stock valuation gallery, but your posts made me think about that point of view. Looks like we've seen some validation over the past year.

You can highlight a line or lines by left clicking a blank line nearby and dragging.

Right click the highlighted area and it will allow you to cut or copy those lines.

Highlight a line on the new page, right click will allow you to paste.

4. Thanks, guys, I will use both ideas depending on the circumstances.

Donnap,

Maybe I've been somewhat vindicated for my "unless a stock pays a good dividend they are just a worthless piece of paper" viewpoint....... But, then again, maybe not.

I say "maybe not" because didn't the banking sector pay good dividends? They got hit the worst.

So you could say that the dividend stocks were the real bad guys with the other stocks just sucked down in the vortex.

My new viewpoint says all stocks are worthless pieces of paper. Hopefully that view will also turn-out to be flawed.

Don