IB TWS Problems

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by laocoon, Jul 18, 2005.

1. who do you suggest/use as a main broker?

#41     Aug 19, 2005
  2. Check pm...

#42     Aug 19, 2005
  3. mokwit

mokwit

Re: your stance that others are not reporting the stops problem as per your post quoted below:

Go here for another user reporting stops being blown through

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=819795#post819795post819795

#43     Aug 19, 2005
  4. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

#44     Aug 19, 2005
  5. mokwit

mokwit

So what are you saying, that despite the 4+(+?) threads describing numerous incidences of this you do not accept that there is a problem because no one has sent you audits etc or are you just saying you can't start to try and trace the problem without audit trails, logs etc?

#45     Aug 19, 2005
  6. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

I think the answer to your question is in my original post:

#46     Aug 19, 2005
  7. mokwit

mokwit

I acknowledge that if you are actually going to do something audit trails etc from incidences should be sent to asist you, but really what you are saying is that despite numerous posts from numerous users you are not prepared to start troubleshooting until the customer with his money on the line acts as guineau pig and bug finder first.....................

The first time I encountered this was over a year ago with EUREX, I have since seen it in HSI, NYMEX and IDEALPRO. It is an intermittent problem and I do not have acces to audit trails from months/weeks ago. I sent details with the first incidence but after the unbelieveable fob off I got from IB help I did not waste my time again.

Once again the customer is wrong/a liar I presume. You should DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR ATTITUDE PROBLEM as it seems many problems are turning out to be IB issues after all e.g the problem with Market Depth. i did not send an audit trail for that because I knew before I sent it that IB would probably come out with the it's your ISP/PC/ "nobody else has reported this" routine but by your own admission it was indeed an IB problem.

#47     Aug 19, 2005
  8. Just as I clicked in a trade today,the maket data 'indicator' turned red and all my market data lines disappeared.After maybe 30 seconds the light changed green and it all came back.Together with the 'brief internet disruption' on the 16th,things are getting windy.These are the first real problems I've had with the TWS and I don't want any more.

#48     Aug 19, 2005
  9. Xenia

Xenia

Response from IB´s 1st level support (read: IB helpdesk) is often not very encouraging.

#49     Aug 19, 2005
  10. mokwit

mokwit

Yes I agree, but in fairness IB SOFT has given us a way of routing these isues direct to him now (gm101 (?) in the subject line). Had that option been available last time I had a stop issue I would have sent audit trails etc but as things were there was no point.

#50     Aug 19, 2005