IB TWS P&L wrong

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by cunparis, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Bob111

Bob111

for this particular reason i'm running my own application based on IB's API, where within a click i can see PnL based on worst case liquidation(commissions included), best case and based ol last trade.IB's TWS PnL is too good to be true most of the time.

try to liquidate portfolio of 20-50 small stocks with decent spread-you will see the difference

#11     Aug 13, 2008
  2. I've seen the problem with positions spanning multiple days. I've noticed that today's unrealized P&L sometimes seem to be based off a print after the close of yesterday.

#12     Aug 13, 2008
  3. I've seen it both ways.

#13     Aug 14, 2008
  4. In my case I was looking at the realized P&L on the portfolio tab, after the market close.

Next time it happens I will look in the account window to see if it's correct.

#14     Aug 14, 2008
  5. The positions with which I noticed the problem were in fact held more than 1 day. I think it is a problem with multi-day holds.

I'm glad to know it's just TWS that is wrong and that I'm not losing money on it.

#15     Aug 14, 2008
  6. zdreg

zdreg

be more concerned about trading properly.. when you close your position the profit or loss # is guaranteed to be correct.

#16     Aug 14, 2008