IB TWS Old Version Available

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by kiwi_trader, Oct 27, 2010.

1. No problem. Ya I know, it's very frustrating.

#51     Nov 25, 2010
  2. marceck

marceck

The workaround so far for me has been to create a buy or sell button and check instantaneous. Then I exit with the close position (instantaneous). I realize this creates market orders, but for scalpers, it is faster than the confirmation. If I do put in a limit with mouse, I only deal with the transmit confirmation once, after that I use the keyboard to move the order (shit, up or down arrow, or alt for brackets), which does not require confirmation. Hope that helps. Very frustrating, I now.

#52     Nov 26, 2010
  3. I've been testing 911.3 and am bothered by the P/L issues mentioned above. The decimal place being left off is not a huge deal but makes no sense and should not have been changed by default in the first place. More troubling is that the P/L numbers differ when being viewed from the Trader Dashboard vs rows themselves. For instance, right now Trader Dashboard shows Unrealized as -27.31 even though it is actually +120! Is there some lag between Trader Dashboard and the rest of TWS? Why do these basic functions have problems like this??? These are the things that drive us crazy because basic functionality takes a back seat to new features by forcing version upgrades before they are fully tested.

#53     Nov 29, 2010
  4. I'm also noticing that there is differences with the Realized PnL numbers between trader dashboard, account window and the row total. I currently have three different numbers for Realized PnL - Account Window, Trader Dashboard and Row Total all report different numbers!! I'll make a deal with you IB since you seem to be playing loose with the numbers here. I'll tolerate this only if I can pick the highest number between the three at the end of the day as my Realized PnL.

I have not seen this type of discrepancy with the Realized PnL numbers before in version 906 and below. Also, I am testing 908.6 at the same time and it doesn't seem to have this problem either that is showing up in 911.3.

#54     Nov 29, 2010
  5. Bob111

Bob111

i did update to 1.6_22 java and 906.9 stand alone TWS last friday. today -on one account my settings are gone. tool bar,order entry tools are not there anymore. some futures tickers are also gone.."restore" function does not restored anything. this is exactly what i was talking about FOR FUCKING YEARS!!!. you can't add any more shit to this shitty platform,if old very basic problems and functions are not solved for a fucking decade! for a fucking decade i'm having problem saving my fucking layout. pathetic...what else can i say..

#55     Nov 29, 2010
  6. taggy

taggy

Mate,

Many thanks for sharing the above IB file! It has saved me a hell of a lot of hassle.

Cheers...:)

#56     Nov 30, 2010
  7. Bob111

Bob111

906.9-if you highlight multiple securities and then press right mouse botton-you going to see this-

how events calendar is related to cut\delete\cancel\transmit? this events calendar thing will stay,even if disabled in features. just an example of another useless feature, that was poorly implemented. why i'm saying this?because i already did click on that shit few times,while trying to delete rows.

#57     Nov 30, 2010
  8. pfranz

pfranz

DAV, is 906 upgrade mandatory for TWS only or for Gateway too? I mean, will we be able to continue to use Gateway 904.6?
    Thank you

#58     Dec 1, 2010
  9. On TWS 911.3 there is several small icons just above the TWS window on the right. One of the icons looks like a funnel. When you run your mouse over it a box drops down which says "Show Completed Orders". If you check any of the boxes it leaves your orders on the display. If you don't, this circle thing is constantly forming and pulsing at you. LOL. Is there anyway to turn this thing off, or delete it?

Thanks for any info.

OldTrader

#59     Dec 1, 2010
  10. While the bitch session continues about TWS, is there any way to get rid of the vertical scroll bar? I cannot get rid of it, even if I try to delete all the empty grid rows that scroll off the screen. I can't get rid of all of them it won't let me.

Also once I connect to my PC via remote desktop the TWS window frame disappears. It won't come back until I re-start TWS. By frame I mean the blue outer frame with the IB icon, the account number and the text "IB Trader Workstation". It also has the minimize, maximize, and close buttons on it.

#60     Dec 1, 2010