IB TWS Old Version Available

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by kiwi_trader, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Bob111

Bob111

i'm daytrader for last...mmm..8 years or so..

#41     Nov 24, 2010
  2. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

Regarding the upgrade, 93% of our customers are already using TWS version 906.0 or newer.

#42     Nov 24, 2010
  3. Picaso

Picaso

Regarding the upgrade, I do 100% of my trading on TWS 905 or older. :eek:

#43     Nov 24, 2010
  4. Bob111

Bob111

DAV! how to change the color of the grid and why it's white on my screenshoot? why PnL numbers are rounded to no numbers after decimal point on main window and they do have numbers after decimal point on PnL in account window? it wasn't like this on previous versions. how PnL on account window is calculated TODAY? i have +700$ on one account,where in reality i have -250$? how this is even possible? i have PnL issue on ALL accounts today. maybe IB should focus on current,existing issues, rather than push one build after another..
    910-if i point on name of the page in main TWS window-the tool tip text appears with same name i'm pointing at. what is the practical purpose of this amazing "feature"?
    why did you change layout all the time? it took me a while to find "layout" button to add\remove columns on main page. why do we have to adapt to completely new layout every time we upgrade? what is the purpose to move same fucking buttons to a different places all the time?
    about 93%-i don't give a shit about them..most likely they have no choice,because they too dumb or lazy to keep previous versions.. it's same 93% losers,who can't make a buck off the market.

#44     Nov 24, 2010
  5. Bob111

Bob111

looks like 906.9 is the closest to current 904 i was using in terms of design and functionality changes.and PnL on front page does have 2 digits after decimal point(still don't understand,why PnL is rounded in 910 to no decimal points at all..another a bright idea by IB's IT dept)
    IB! if you want to play with number after decimal points-you should round(or give us ability to choose) numbers in avg.price column. this would make some sense.

#45     Nov 24, 2010
  6. Yeah, a more interesting metric would be commissions generated via Booktrader in 906 vs earlier versions. What active trader in their right mind would deal with confirmation windows? I realize there are work-arounds (API), but they all introduce latency & cost issues.

I sympathize with the fact this is not IB's fault and there is litigation involved, but there is zero communication with your customer base other than to say "we cannot comment."

This leaves customers sharing uncrippled versions of TWS via rapidshare and/or reverse engineering the software - it's embarrassing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but others such as CTS (Cunningham) were named in this pending litigation at the same time as IB, and continue to offer uncrippled interfaces or at least keep their customers apprised of the situation.

#46     Nov 24, 2010
  7. appetizer

appetizer

The newest changes to the chart are simply baffling. They've added a useless button panel and the chart's label directly ONTO THE CHART ITSELF. I perform analysis with trend lines and indicators and these foreign objects get IN THE WAY. The buttons can be dismissed, but I do need to see the information on the label.
    I.B. please rectify this and try to understand the needs of traders before making unwanted changes.

#47     Nov 24, 2010
  8. Bob111

Bob111

still waiting for respond from IB about color of the grid,decimal point and other issues mentioned above.

#48     Nov 25, 2010
  9. This should fix your decimal problem.

#49     Nov 25, 2010
  10. Bob111

Bob111

good to know..the problem with Ib is that those changes aren't documented anywhere and looks like IB apply them without your approval after each update. i did not have book trader and some other functions enabled before upgrade,but they all enabled (including this rounding function)by default after.

Thank you!

#50     Nov 25, 2010