IB TWS Old Version Available

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by kiwi_trader, Oct 27, 2010.

1. I'm still waiting for them to get the axis numbers on the charts back to a readable size. It's been over a month now since I was assured a fix is in the queue, yet these microscopic numbers are causing my eyes to grow worse every day.

Here's what IB needs to do: put out a list of the 50-100 most popular requested changes/additions to TWS ONCE EVERY SIX MONTHS or so ... have customers vote yay or nay on each of the changes (through acct. management, 1 ballot per account #), then work out those changes that passed by a majority vote and test/perfect them for the next SIX MONTHS, before putting out a new release. There should be no more than 1 update per 6 months at a maximum, preferably only once a year or longer.

#31     Nov 23, 2010
  2. LeeD

LeeD

That's what Features Poll on IB Web-site is for.

#32     Nov 23, 2010
  3. I know, but that system leaves them constantly trying to keep up with the hundreds of requests which maybe only a few dozen or so people ever bother to vote on. If they had a more systematic approach to getting feedback - i.e., a specially announced 6-month poll on proposed new features, I think they would get a more comprehensive picture of changes that are really necessary, plus give themselves more time to get the changes done right. As it is, this spastic spitting out of new versions all the time to try and keep up with all the requests is apparently not going over well with alot of people, myself included.

I don't know, it was just an idea. Personally I would like a chance to vote (or at least a heads up) on whether the chart axis number font size should be reduced by close to 50%, or whether 'control+Z' should no longer work for undo.

#33     Nov 23, 2010
  4. zdreg

zdreg

I have my doubts about the wisdom of the majority vote idea. Perhaps it should be the total value of a customers trades.
    actually that idea has major flaws.
    one man 1 vote has never been a particularly good idea. it is certainly not a good idea when it comes to determining the direction of a business.

#34     Nov 23, 2010
  5. Bob111

Bob111

at any day for last 5 years i would vote against ANY changes. TWS is USE TO BE AN EXECUTION platform... the thing to see NBBO and place an order with 1-2 clicks. That's it. i would prefer to see better\smarter\faster routing,not some fucking pathetic looking \takes forever to load charts...you can't satisfy every fucking request...even 10 out of 100..it would be a 100 new different functions for a decade..you can't move forward,if simple save\restore function doesn't work properly and tickers continue to disappear fro time to time..i'm sick and tired to repeat this shit over and over again..fix everything..i mean-EVERYTHING before any new upgrade and stop adding useless functions\features. 5-7 years ago-TWS don't have alarm,in case of disconnection between TWS and data server..no fucking problem-i wrote my own alarm. this is how it's SUPPOSE TO BE-you need some shit-you either write it yourself or pay somebody else. that's it. no more bugs,les work for IB's programmers..very fucking simple.

#35     Nov 23, 2010
  6. Bob111

Bob111

here we fucking go..it's 11:33 EST and instead of healthy sleep or sex or both.. i'm having some sexy time( (© Borat) with TWS tonight..910 build..grid-gone after update..tried to enable it, got this(see screen shoot)
    the question is-how to change the color of the grid?

#36     Nov 23, 2010
  7. I'd have been quite happy with no changes myself ... just work on the stability. But that makes WAYYY too much sense. :D

#37     Nov 24, 2010
  8. Bob111

Bob111

ok..just couple things , that i never saw in previous versions..this is 910.9

#38     Nov 24, 2010
  9. Bob111

Bob111

just curious, how IB calculating my PnL? what is the fucking methodology of those calculations? are they based on what?
    on back you can see my application showing PnL based on Last price.

#39     Nov 24, 2010
  10. LeeD

LeeD

First, they "realise" P&L every night. So, if the trade stays overnight the "unrealised" P&L is based on last day's closing price...

Edit: If this is something new in 910.9, I can't comment: haven't used this version yet.

#40     Nov 24, 2010