IB TWS "Market Data Connection Lost" & "Trade Connection Lost" Everyday

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by toon, Sep 11, 2021.

1. toon

toon

Everyday around 12:00AM New York time, my Interactive Brokers TWS platform loses market data connection and I hear a voice alert saying "market data connection lost".

And everyday around 12:20AM New York time, my IB TWS platform loses trading connection and I hear a voice alert saying "trade connection lost".

Does anyone else have the same problems?

ChipShotTrader likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

From what I understand, after reading other folks' responses to queries like these over the years, those are the times the IB servers come down for daily maintenance/backups.

@def

ChipShotTrader likes this.
  3. EVERYONE who uses IB has the SAME "problem".

Welcome to Interactive Brokers! (been using them since 2009)...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    toon likes this.
  4. kingjelly

kingjelly

Yes, so annoying if I am trading K200, seems like they could reboot the Asian server at one time the US server at another or something so this didn't happen every day.

toon likes this.
  5. KevinBB

KevinBB

I live in Australia, but am mainly interested in US products. My IB was resetting at 07:15 and 15:45 US Central Time, just before and just after the core US sessions. These reset times are the default reset times for Australian residents, apparently.

So, when I contacted IB about this reset problem, they suggested that they connect me to the Hong Kong server (proximity), but with US based reset times. This happened last weekend, and so far, so good. I am now being disconnected from the Primary Server at 23:00 US Central time, which is ok as far as I am concerned.

The TWS reset is a separate thing, I've set that to happen just before the Australian session starts. It seems to be the only period in the 24 hour day when no market is trading.

KH

Collagen likes this.
  6. def

def Sponsor

You can send a ticket requesting to move to the HK server if you are mostly trading Asia which resets outside of US hours and before the Asia open.

7. toon

toon

I don't believe this is a good option for me. I am located in the US. I trade in both US and Asian markets.

8. def

def Sponsor

Then it would be best to stick to the US server. We try to do the reset over the daily break in Hong Kong which is much easier after the time change next month.

9. toon

toon

Can you please clarify what would be the new reset time? I am not very sure what time you mean is the daily break in HK.

10. def

def Sponsor

HKEX breaks from 12-1 each day but I may have mucked up the time change. The US reset is a few seconds to minutes around midnight so after the US time changes late October, the reset time will shift in HK as HK time does not change with the seasons.

#10     Sep 13, 2021