IB TWS Login becoming VERY S-L-O-W!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by svtrader, Dec 15, 2005.

1. I just tried again, and it took 1 minute for the login window to load, and then an additional 5 minutes after I entered my user name and password for for my trading page to show up.

Other web pages load as fast as you would expect with DSL/cable. Maybe my problem is with not enough memory or the fact that I still use Java version 1.4.0_02. The only other application that I have open is Qcharts.

In any case, it would be great if IB could respond here with some words of wisdom.

#11     Dec 15, 2005
  2. svtrader, I think at this point it is clear that there is a problem with your computer, not with IB.

I suggest you contact IB tech support directly.
    I believe ET community is better served by IB stuff responding here to issues that affect all IB customers.

#12     Dec 16, 2005
  3. svtrader, don't know whether this is part of the problem or not, but you'll want to clear your Java cache and upgrade to Version 1.5.0 Update 6. Some apps, e.g., TradeBullet, will not even work with Java 1.4.

Or it may be a problem with corrupted file(s) in your Jts directory. Search ET or, better yet, IB's message board.

#13     Dec 16, 2005
  4. DTK

DTK

Me too.
    I have an old P4 1.4GHz and a cable modem and it takes <5 seconds to bring up the login window and another <5 seconds for the main screen and 1 book trader window to be up and running.

#14     Dec 16, 2005
  5. hemlock

hemlock

I have had problems like this before when using an old shortcut to TWS after installing a new version of TWS. They say specifically not to do this. Use only the shortcuts that the installation creates. Maybe this is what is happening.

#15     Dec 16, 2005
  6. Thanks for the tip, I'll try that after I'm done with trading today. In fact, I'm using the same bookmark in IE for TWS that I created more than 2 years ago.

If that doesn't work, I'll try installing the newer version of Java.

#16     Dec 16, 2005
  7. hemlock

hemlock

Sorry, my suggestion was for the desktop based version not the web based. My mistake.

#17     Dec 16, 2005