IB TWS Log off time

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by debud, Jul 28, 2003.

1. debud

debud

Can anybody tell me how to change the log out time for TWS? I was in a trade the other night and got prompted that I would be logged out at midnight and so I changed it to 7: AM. I'd like to change it back to midnight but can't seem to find any info. on how to do it. Thanks for any replies. :)

2. Woody

Woody

In TWS go to "Configure" then "Misc" and then select "Auto Logoff Time." You then then manually set the auto logoff time.

3. debud

debud

Thanks, Woody. I appreciate It.

4. 3dog

3dog

Is there any way to maintain overnight orders in the ACE system for ZB using IB?

Right now I place any order, it goes green, and I leave my TWS on, and then I in the am the order is gone.

Does anyone know is this due to the auto-logoff feature or the way IB and CBOT handles ACE orders?

5. ktm

ktm

It depends on a number of factors, including order type, your margin available etc...

IB constantly reevaluates your standing margin available. If you have a single order that is close to putting you over initial margin and the market moves against you, that order will be cancelled automatically. I've had GTC orders disappear overnight when I am hedging heavily or rolling up for that reason.

The TWS being logged in or out has no bearing on the order status once it has been accepted.

There are other possibilities...need more detail.

6. 3dog

3dog

I'm talking about a normal limit order to exit an existing position that is within the overnight margin requirments. I'm thinking that IB cancels all orders at midnight or something to that effect.

7. alanm

alanm

I believe ZB trades 21:00-17:00 ET.

Presumably, then, day orders expire at 17:00 when ZB's trading day ends.

8. 3dog

3dog

Here's the reply I received from IB:

"You may consider to place GTC (Good-Til-Cancelled) order meaning that a particular order will continue working within the IB system and within the market place until it is either executed or canceled by the customer. "

Duh!....why didn't I think of that? :eek:

Thanks for the replies.