IB TWS layout nightmare

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SoesWasBetter, Mar 10, 2017.

1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Wouldn't it be really nice if IB, being the professional, thoughtful, insightful, resourceful, and oh-so-forward-looking organization that it is, would just announce,

We're sorry! Jus' kidding! "April Fool's Day!"

and then roll back this crap?

Wouldn't that just be a nice thing?
    Can you imagine how that would uplift their corporate image?
    I mean, in times like these? We could be talkin' World Peace here......!

#81     Apr 7, 2017
  2. Ryan81

Ryan81

IB Updated TWS-STABLE again today. All the problems I previously mentioned are still there!

Uuugh, disappointing.

#82     Apr 19, 2017
  3. Why don't you guys just use Ninja Trader or Amibroker as a "front end"? Or program your own?

#83     Apr 19, 2017
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

TWS is like coffee. (Trading is like Life.)
    We are all stuck high on a mountain, in a three-sided shelter -- secure against the tumult of weather.... mostly. But wouldn't a good cup 'o Joe do you just *fine* right about now?

And then Ibidem gets up from his blankies and says, "Hey guys -- *I'* will make you some coffee." And everyone trades looks, because Ibidem sometimes makes this fanTAStic coffee, and sometimes -- you know, right?? Tastes like cat pee. DILUTE cat pee, at that.

But do you tell Ibidem no? You're under your blankies against the storming outside. So's everyone else. You NEEDS you some coffee.

Sometimes, pissy coffee is better than no coffee. And sometimes, the pissy coffee-maker blends up so REALLY SATISFYING Joe.

This time, boy-oh-boy -- the Joe sucked. It sucked. Plain and simple.

So we bitch.

But we're still in the mountains, "The weather is here; I wish you were beautiful...." and all that. Trading goes on; (the) market doesn't care.

Hoo boy.

Okay, gotta go save things from this 21pt. SPX pop. "Nothing is for sure, but Death & Taxes -- oh but, sometimes the Taxes will get you in the arse too."

#84     Apr 20, 2017
  5. chisel

chisel

Sometimes I trade ES synthetics (long call and short put or vice versa). With the new TWS version 963.3e, I cannot enter a limit order to execute the synthetic as a spread. The only options I see are: LMT + MKT or REL + MKT. Both of these order types are legged, which I do not want to do.

I have looked in the TWS settings and have not found a way to change the default order type to limit, which I was previously able to do on older TWS versions. Anyone run into this?

#85     May 3, 2017
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Any help here?
    CONFIGURATION/DISPLAY/SETTINGS/[_]Show legs only
    or
    CONFIGURATION/DISPLAY/TICKER ROW/[_] Group legs into complex positions
    vs
    CONFIGURATION/DISPLAY/TICKER ROW/[_] Hide complex positions

#86     May 3, 2017
  7. chisel

chisel

Thanks, but none of those options worked. When I right click on the contract and select "configure order presets," the config box seems to take me to the correct section which is config/Presets/Combos. Under Primary Order, LMT is selected and when I click the down arrow to see more options, I see the LMT + MKT and REL + MKT options, but I selected LMT and and LMT did not become the default like I've always had it. Guess I'll have to contact IB. Oh joy, oh glee.
    twscombo1.JPG twscombo2.JPG twscombo3.JPG

#87     May 3, 2017
  8. Hello Bob, DO you happen to have TWS version 956? I think it was 956.j that I was using(accidentally deleted it) l but whatever 956 you have would be great.

#88     Jan 18, 2018
  9. samovar

samovar

I got exactly the same BS from the IB customer rep. OK, I get it, you need to cover your ass - fine! Let me sign a waiver and hide that stupid column!

#89     Nov 22, 2018
  10. Ryan81

Ryan81

TWS Latest (November 16, 2018 update 9.74.4.2) is locking up with regularity for me after submitting equity option combo orders, and then trying to highlight those orders in the order window. Requires me to use task manager to kill it. Happened twice within 10 minutes of market open for me today. Guess I'm reverting back to the stable version until this gets worked out.

#90     Nov 26, 2018