IB TWS layout nightmare

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SoesWasBetter, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Bob111

Bob111

makes total sense! but, one more time-the TWS version i've been using up until this morning was a stand alone 952.3. with everything (SPECIALLY Check for TWS update") disabled. and i've been using it exact way you described above. downloaded,clean install and runs from my PC. nice ,clean setup.
    no changes been made on my side, it did it all by itself this morning. clicked on TWs icon on my desktop,when it was appears to be loading-it download update and updated itself. to 963. and all settings went to shit.

PS- removed 963,i tried to install old version 952.3 as you recommended to run it from PC-did same thing. upon start-it updating itself to 963. you have no choice,no control.

my guess-it's all related to "snapshot" data shit whatever it means. but for fuck sake-what this all has to do with ALL my settings thru TWS?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    #31     Mar 24, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.
  2. Bob111

Bob111

i like to ask IB about this : repeat this to me. what it says on your website ,on screenshoot below? DOES NOT UPDATE ITSELF!!! yes, it does

and no. there is no more option not to run from their servers. so my post about that stupid check box so save settinsg on server that "checked" every time still stands.

• ib.JPG
      ib.JPG
      File size:
      94.3 KB
      Views:
    #32     Mar 24, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.
  3. sprstpd

sprstpd

I'm running TWS Build 944.3c and I turned off the "Check for TWS Updates" from the Windows startup programs. I have not been auto-updated. Maybe reinstall your old TWS version and make sure that "Check for TWS Updates" program never runs.

#33     Mar 24, 2017
    Zzzz1 likes this.
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

You just SO described my day.

You know, in the past 5? years, these "updates" have lost most of their harmful effects.... (But, going away from that 949.3d was a cryin' shame.....EVERYTHING was perfect there...)

But this morning's??
    My poor eyes are darting all over the place, trying to assess positions, and everywhere I'm looking, all the visual cues are messed up because of a "little change" that was unsought, unanticipated, AND UNNEEDED.

I need to join the navy, to learn sufficient color, to describe this in appropriate language.

#34     Mar 24, 2017
  5. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

It was the former "Contract" -- some IDIOT decided that a two-syllable word didn't do it.

NUMBNUTS. Need to be FIRED. (No, not being humorous.)

#35     Mar 24, 2017
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Yeah. Been doing that for years. UNFORTUNATELY.

#36     Mar 24, 2017
  7. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Yup! Saw that here, too. All of a sudden (on a 6-core, 8gig machine), the cursor lags, the video hiccups, the charts go black...... AND the orders STALL.

#37     Mar 24, 2017
  8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I have a pile of rags in my garage that neighborhood cats fight to pee on the most often.

That pile of rags has more smarts, and more class, than you.

That is all.

#38     Mar 24, 2017
  9. Ryan81

Ryan81

Yeah, I checked the heap memory usage of TWS after being open for the whole trading day (and after I bumped up the VM heap size to 2000M), and it was over 1600M. Wow.

#39     Mar 24, 2017
  10. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Mate, I run tws on over 6 displays on one machine and on 2 displays on a second machine. I never had layout issues. Not once. And I run on the newest tws version. There is something you are doing wrong for sure. What gets me is that you are looking for IBs fault before you even post a reproducible error that can be properly debugged.

#40     Mar 24, 2017