IB TWS layout nightmare

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SoesWasBetter, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Yep, zzzzzzzzzz1 ,could have guessed you were are 5 column kinda guy with 1 window.
    You aren't a power user, so how would you run into any issues?

#11     Mar 13, 2017
  2. PS, I explained there was a problem with the columns resizing themselves from one page to the next seemingly randomly, and you post a snapshot of a quote montage as proof of no problem.

I hope your trading is better than your mastery of logic.

#12     Mar 13, 2017
  3. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Same with entire pages... No resized columns... Your issue is not reproducible so far. Why don't you stop being a total arse for a second and post a walkthrough to reproduce the error?

#13     Mar 13, 2017
  4. No, don't think I will.

We already had someone confirm they also have issues.

Maybe they will indulge your type.

#14     Mar 13, 2017
  5. Try getting set current width as max to work. epic fail

#15     Mar 15, 2017
  6. Starting to think the layout thing is user error.

As in , the user made the mistake of being a client

I can only hope zzzzzzz1 adds more than one tab and 3 cols one day and is infected

#16     Mar 16, 2017
  7. Was good for a while after I went out of my way to insure no issues.

Then I click on something completely unrelated to column sizes

And every single tab got hosed.

Buggy bullshit. Hard to imagine no one else sees this, unless you're all pikers with 1 page a 3 columns.

#17     Mar 20, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.

8. Yes. It's a battle. You're basically playing with fire any time you add/remove/resize a column.

A much bigger issue is that fact that do not have an 'undo' feature after all these years.

#18     Mar 22, 2017
    Chubbly and tommcginnis like this.
  9. Bob111

Bob111

Today TWS updated itself, even with all "auto update" features disabled to 963.3a and off course rather than trade i already spent 2 hours fixing same almost two DECADES old issue-all columns are messed up,"recovery" doesn't do shit. some columns are added by itself like expiration time and so on. ticker action...i don't even know WFT this shit means..why you do this to us all the time,every singe time? all morning is wasted and i'm still not able to bring them all into same order. now try to do this exercise,if you have multiple accounts.

#19     Mar 24, 2017
    Chubbly and tommcginnis like this.
  10. Bob111

Bob111

financial instrument. why is there two of them in the market data and in order column? it's same shit ..or isn't?

#20     Mar 24, 2017