IB TWS issues

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Tradesmith, Oct 2, 2003.

1. I have the TWS disconnected a few times today and it couldn't relogin. I needed to close the twS and restart it. Anyone know what is happening?

2. TD80

TD80

Having same issue with it this morning, you're not alone...

Goodluck,

3. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

What server are you connected to?

Up to now, I have not experienced any problems here. I'm connected to the swiss server.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

4. I don't know but its happening to me too. There it goes and I finally got logged in.

5. US server

6. Sashe

Sashe

When I place a limit order and while its being filled - TWS gets frozen and he only way to reincarnate it is to use the CTRL-ALT-DEL convenient feature.

7. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Try to check your internet connection to the us server. You may do this via the tracert command in a DOS-Box. Or better use pingplotter (www.pingplotter.com).

8. I have had the same problem this morning (1:30am PST). Connection to the TWS is lost and the automatic logon procedure does not work. I was lucky with no position to close out, so I just watched to see how long it would take to re-establish a connection. Well I was surprised to find out that 20 (yes 20) attempts later my connection to IB still had not bet established. I think these folks need a wake up call. I suspect that this doesn't happen with platforms like pats for instance. I wonder if people would be motivated to get up off their chairs and do something about it if lets say a few hundred folks just moved accounts to that platform? I'm going to look into it this morning. Best Regards, Steve46

9. what/who is pats?

10. Same thing here ...booted off and auto log-back-in not working after 15 attempts. Had to reboot PC twice to get back running. My other account at J-Trader rock solid the entire time with quotes streaming in just fine.

Not acceptable IB :mad:

#10     Oct 2, 2003