IB TWS issues last couple of days...

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by risktaker, Feb 27, 2007.

1. def

def Sponsor

FYI, we've got a major upgrade of internet and router capacity coming on line this weekend in HK. This should help a great deal.

#21     Feb 28, 2007
  2. I was just told by customer service that Java 1.6.0 is still not officially supported. The supported version is 1.5_11.

#22     Feb 28, 2007
  3. In the last 2 days during the melt down,I see lot of trades crossed at a higher bid/ask shown.Even though I watch futures, I trade mostly SPY,IWM etc.
    This problem was huge in SPY.
    Say if thw bid/ask is 141.10/13 ,it will show stocks being sold at 140.88 or being bought at 141.30 etc. I guess MM 's are still filling orders from yesterday? Or Market orders being slaughtered?I tries to buy at a lower price or sell at a higher price.No! Not even once. So the speed is slower also may be. I cut down on thw no the no of symbols . Samw problem exists in OptionsXpress also. I have 3 pcs running Medved QT getting data from IB & OptionsXpress. Charts a bit slower than IB window.Not to mention strange ghost quotes !!

#23     Mar 1, 2007
  4. I switched back to java 1.5.0_11 this morning. TWS starts up quickly again (15 seconds). When they do get it tuned to run under 1.6, I'd be curious to hear what changed in 1.6. Could be something as simple as a more-general but less-efficient XML parser in the java library.

#24     Mar 1, 2007
  5. I see the crossed trades, too, on listed stocks (SPY, DIA, NFI). Looks like replays of previous trades. I've worked around it by setting my charts so that only bids and asks are displayed, not trades.

#25     Mar 1, 2007
  6. Beebers

Beebers

java 1.5.0_11
    TWS 867.4

no market depth or cumulative bids/asks on eminis anymore ??

Thx

#26     Mar 1, 2007
  7. frostee

frostee

Using :

Java 1.6.0 ( for several weeks )
    TWS 865.7

working well

#27     Mar 1, 2007
  8. Steveyd

Steveyd

I couldn't log in today using the new version 867. Went back to previous Java version and I could log in and everything worked fine:

Java: 1.5_0_02
    TWS: 866.5

No more Beta testing for me!

#28     Mar 1, 2007
  9. nassau

nassau

we lost of the bid/asks on tws off and on all day. we also had several of the nasdaq and nyse keep locking the stock any time it would retrace again today
    We were told that nothing they could do as it was the exchanges, isn't that the reason smart routing exists to allow trading via alternative exchanges.
    in the money in several stocks off and on last hour and still the market is locked.
    nyse takes up to 10mins to give you bid/asks in stocks and options in the morning.
    good thing we have such a level playing field

w

#29     Mar 1, 2007
  10. bgp

bgp

is there graph capabilities on i.b. for advance/decline issues ?

thanks,
    bgp

#30     Mar 2, 2007