IB TWS issues last couple of days...

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by risktaker, Feb 27, 2007.

1. paradox

paradox

I contacted IB. They are aware of the problem and are working on a fix...

#11     Feb 28, 2007
  2. calirip

calirip

I'm not sure what is happening w/tws, as I am not receiving any kind of message, however I have attempted to long er2 and es and nothing is being revealed on my tws desktop. I called tech support and they can't access my acct. info. to determine if these trades did in fact occur or not. A couple years back this exact same thing happened and the transactions did in fact go through and I was completely unaware for the better part of an hour. Ya, I ended up losing money. Anyway, tech support said they should have the problem fixed by now. Call and make sure whether your open or not.

#12     Feb 28, 2007
  3. rudyo

rudyo

The problem is still occurring for me, even after several reboots/restarts.
    They are basically unresponsive on the customer service chat. I know it is 2:30 am EST, but they are a worldwide company!

No alerts on TWS. The web page shows status as "no problems" yet I have no account information, no balance, no positions.

Come on IB, give us the current status, good or bad!

#13     Feb 28, 2007
  4. calirip

calirip

rudyo,

I just spoke to customer service in hong kong(london just opened and has a verrry long wait) and they were able to help me w/ this problem . I was concerned that I had open positions that were not being displayed on my tws desktop or in my accts. page. They were able to determine that my orders never in fact did execute. They should be able to help you too.

link: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/contact/contact.php?ib_entity=llc

#14     Feb 28, 2007
  5. Well, I spoke to cust. service and all I was told was tehy're having problems and they know about it. They're doing everything they can to fix it. No ETA whatsoever.

Oh well, I'm not stuck in any trades but was trying to short YM when it was at 12285... that time has come and gone.

#15     Feb 28, 2007
  6. calirip

calirip

problem seems to be fixed now. Accessing accts. page con no problema.

#16     Feb 28, 2007
  7. rudyo

rudyo

I realize and totally understand that they will have tech problems, everyone does and will.
    The issue for me is one of communication! Why can't they send out an alert to TWS just like they do every time an exchange isn't available?

Also what good do it do to update the webpage status every minute if it always shows green and "no problems?"

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/systemStatus.php?ib_entity=llc

It is this kind of thing that alienates customers. I don't get it...

#17     Feb 28, 2007
  8. This post has FAR too much common sense...
    For the folks at IB to grasp.

There have been various, serious problems with the IB platform over the past week...
    Most of it because they constantly foist new Builds of TWS on Customers...
    Without doing adequate Beta Testing.

Essentially... every new release to Customers is a Beta Test.

This time around IB Tech Support just totally gave me the runaround...
    And I spoke with people that acted like they were not even listening.

They finally asked me to send in my log file...
    Which clearly showed the problem to be at IB's end...
    And then, of course, NEVER GOT BACK TO ME.

If you are a Pro and want to trade with IB...
    You better have advanced technical experience...
    Or technical staff in house.

#18     Feb 28, 2007
  9. Beebers

Beebers

Anyone notice how the cumulative bid and ask size for eminis in booktrader is not displayed anymore (- just a few hundred contracts)? Was this just today in the new (TWS 867 I think).

#19     Feb 28, 2007
  10. How about everyone posting here add the following information: TWS Build and Java Build. Also your server if you know it.

Both are available in the Help/About TWS

866.5 1.6.0_01-ea

FWIW we had problems with the first hour and a half after the HSI opened yesterday. The SGXNK guys were also affected around the same time.

Loss of data to TWS and very intermittent backfill. All OK 1.5 hours after HSI open. HK server. Possibly demand was up with lots of people around the world subscribing to the chinese feeds to find out what was happening. That would tend to kill IB's servers until everyone went away.

#20     Feb 28, 2007