IB TWS is the most confusing trading platform I have seen

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 4DTrader, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Only people who are deeply confused could design that kind of confusing platform. Total idiots!!!

2. svrart

svrart

hi,

when i first started, i also did not like the design at all. i thought it was stupid. but now, i have gotten used to it. i use only some features and leave it at that.

svr

3. I agree. There's a total idiot here.

Guess who.

[​IMG]

4. Well, there are a lot of "total idiots" that use IB TWS on here. It does take getting used to but I would not consider it confusing at all once you've had a chance to use it awhile. I've been using TWS since 2003. Count me in as a "confused idiot" I guess.

5. maxpi

maxpi

Same with me and the wife

6. Tums

Tums

I do believe, you, as an intelligent and decisive investor/trader, has the power to exercise choice.

7. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

If you think TWS is confusing, try TOS. You are probably the idiot here, since IB really goes out of their way to educate pikers like you to learn TWS.

8. Catoosa

Catoosa

I have been using IB for over 8 years, since before there was a TWS, and all of IB's trading software has been cutting edge and a pleasure to use. When IB released TWS, I thought TWS was not equal to the previous IB trading software which I thought was great. So, I continued to use the previous software until IB quit supporting it. I then started using TWS and found it to be even better and TWS has continued to get better ever since with many capabilities. I would expect it would take a new TWS user a week or two to get TWS setup and become comfortable with the parts of TWS they will be using. I say one should spend some time using TWS before deciding TWS is too complex. After proper setup, TWS can do what needs to be done in a very fast and direct way.

9. As proven on every other IB discussion he's been involved in 4D is a bit of a twat. Actually that's too soft. Hes an absolute wanker.

So his opinion on anything is worth zilch.

Actually, I wonder if he's a shill bought in by IB to make outrageously stupid negative claims so that experienced traders will jump in and defend them. Now there's a conspiracy theory. :p

10. That must be it , no one could actually be that dumb.

#10     Mar 28, 2008