IB TWS is a mess compared to Etrade Pro platform.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Apr 9, 2010.

1. I checked out the demo, it is a mess. I would not want to use that as a trading platform. The Etrade Pro platform is superior compared to TWS.

I guess you get what you pay for.

2. You checked a demo of IB and decided it was a "mess"? Care to give us a few details as to why that was? Either that, or if you're going to make a blind assertion, perhaps you'd care to give us a few of your qualifications to make such an assertion.

By the way, is ETrade trading futures now?

OldTrader

3. Bob111

Bob111

i agree, it's is a mess..but you have to be more specific with your complains. i'm not happy with it either,but...IB provide so many products from all over the world..on other hand..just like ten years ago, when i start with IB..the basic things like save client settings are still messed up.. they still not working properly...in fact on many of our accounts on different PC's running on build 899 everything is messed up..i'm talking about all those little settings\things.. every time i clicked in account window on check box "show zero position rows", then save settings...next day-open same account-unchecked..the list of those little things is very long and very annoying..i just give up on them at some point..i guess you have to take it as it is...with typical IB attitude of TWS tech support-don't like it? go away..

4. The issue seems to always be backwards compatibility and avoiding breaking changes. Same issues with older TT API... a lot of old luggage to carry around. I believe it would be better to let the older revs run on but start each major revision with a clean slate.

5. I can't stand TWS, the only reason I stay with IB is the universal account. Trade everything from one account.

TWS is clunky, I don't know to many people who say this is a well thought out application.

It's like an old car that someone just keeps running to get them from point A to point B.

6. I know a lot of people who complain about tws when they first start to use it, it has a steep learning curve. Once you do learn how to use it and it's features, it's one of the more robust trading platforms.

7. Does etrade have an API? FIX? how do their commissions compare with IB? end-user trade software is only one concern when selecting a broker. How many outside software platforms support etrade?

8. I have been using it for 6 years, agian IMO it's like an old car that is just kept running to get from point A to point B.