IB TWS - Institutional grade research available - Should I subscribe ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by etradeqeko, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

got a message when opening IB TWS saying institutional research is available for subscription. is it useful to subscribe ?

Thank you

2. zdreg

zdreg

cost vs. value added? -

3. No, I would not. It is nearly certain there is no edge in paying for that. Anyway, they do a free trial give it a whirl and see if you profit.

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. 2rosy

2rosy

this is due to new regulations that came in. research used to be packaged with all services so it looked free. now it's required to put a price tag on that research. considering that a research analyst is usually someone who just came out of school their conclusions are useless. better to provide clean aggregated data sets and draw your own conclusions... or have a computer do it

5. JSOP

JSOP

I didn't. Didn't get anything more useful than what you would get from CNBC or Google Finance or Yahoo! Finance.

6. Would disagree with that statement. If you had access to some good analysts who visit companies and have some insight, they can add real value. Like anything, you need to do your research on your research providers to separate the wheat from the chaff.