IB TWS Frustration...pages deleted!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by IndexTrader, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Look at the C:\JTS\log.txt file and see if you got any errors reading, writing to or saving one of the *.lyt files.

#11     Mar 5, 2004
  2. Toonces

Toonces

Yes this has been happening to me recently as well. Sometimes a page will disappear, and the stocks on that page will be added to a different page I have set up. Also, sometimes I will try to change the name of a page, and I will get a message that the page already exists, when there is no page with that name. Frustrating!

#12     Mar 5, 2004
  3. who had this happen to my TWS pages ....

:confused:

#13     Mar 6, 2004
  4. Does anyone here know what the SSL box for when login into IB TWS?

thanks,

wercurna

#14     Mar 6, 2004
  5. What version are you using?

#15     Mar 6, 2004
  6. tmb

tmb

My pages were all lost Friday morning as well. Fortunately I was able to restore from a backup.

#16     Mar 6, 2004
  7. tmb

tmb

I should also mention that it looks as if the TWS damage was done during the TWS shutdown or very shortly thereafter. My TWS layout was fine on Thursday, I did a backup after shutting everything down that evening, but a restore from that backup didn't bring back my missing TWS pages. I had to go back to Wednesday night's backup to get everything back the way I expected.

#17     Mar 6, 2004
  8. clueless here , but what would a backup of my TWS look like

if I had it saved on my pc

:confused:

#18     Mar 6, 2004
  9. tmb

tmb

I restored these directories:

C:\Jts
    C:\IBJts
    C:\Program Files\Java
    C:\Program Files\Java Web Start

just to be sure I covered everything. It's likely that some of this was unnecessary. Perhaps someone can tell us what the minimum is.

#19     Mar 6, 2004
  10. et_user

et_user

If you are using stand-alone TWS, then folder:
    C:\Jts\dciijtglt

needs to be saved as back-up. That's what I do once every few days. recently, when I lost my tws pages, I was able to recover by copying the folder back.

If you are using web version of TWS, then

C:\IBJts\dciijtglt is the folder.

IB folks: if you are reading this thread, food for thought:
    Why not provide an option for automatic back-up Or provide tool link in TWS for back-up feature?

I understand, Fidelity provides link in their ActiveTrader window for back-ups.

Thanks.

#20     Mar 6, 2004