IB TWS Frustration...pages deleted!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by IndexTrader, Mar 5, 2004.

1. All of the TWS pages disappeared when I restarted computer.
    Since I use over 20 pages of quotes, that's hell of frustrating to start from scratch again.

Made no changes at all to system, yet, POOF!

The only settings left that I can see are the layout settings and the individual security settings.

Anybody had this happen to them before?

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks!

2. bebe

bebe

Yes, it happned to me after upgrading to the latest 818.5 version and had to recreate my pages from scratch. :mad:

3. Yes, that is the version I have. Can't remember when I upgraded, though. I think in the last few days.

It must be some other difference besides upgrading, though.

On another system, I have the same 818.5 version and everything there is ok so far.(different set of pages/symbols).

I guess this means I'll have to keep a fresh backup of TWS folder somewhere.

4. Hi all,

This morning, Friday, I couldn't log in with the ssl option activated. This has worked OK for quite some weeks now, but problems seem to creep in again. (using 815.3 didn't dare to upgrade yet).

5. Lancer

Lancer

All pages here missing on TWS startup too. (Build 818.5) TWS is a really odd piece of work.

6. fan27

fan27

TWS lost connection this morning for about 15 minutes. Luckily I at least went Long one ES, but missed my add level (which of course would have been way in the money). Anyone else have problems with TWS this morning.

7. played DAX and ES this morning and noticed no hangups in quotes....sounds like a broadband problem

8. hayman

hayman

I've been disconnecting the last 2 days a bit. I just upgraded to 818.5 this morning. My pages weren't deleted on upgrade. However, when I disconnect, all my working orders on my API and manually created page disappears. The PENDING page, however, retains the working orders on reconnect.

I don't remember this occurring in past revs of TWS. Am I correct here ?

9. taodr

taodr

No problem at all with 818.5. Actually IB seems much faster on fills.

10. I had a similar problem wit my pages. Not that I have 22 pages but still would like to know why that happens since everytime i save the pages after login back in they arent there.

#10     Mar 5, 2004