IB TWS: Foreign Cash conversions Ideal / Ideal Pro

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Ridu, Nov 18, 2009.

1. ;-) dont worry, the standard responses are of those who have a very hard time comprehending what the actual point was.

#11     Nov 20, 2009
  2. Stok

Stok

Ok, then what do I need to do for my situiation: I have a negative Yen balance under "Market Value" window in the Account. I have in the past clicked the "close all non-base currencies" and then it puts my into a USD/YEN fx position and would display under "FX portfolio". Then I would close the fx position and it's back to negative balance in Market Value.

#12     Nov 20, 2009
  3. close the non-base currencies as you described but dont do anything else, trade wise. Simply right click on "adjust average price" on the fx position in the fx portfolio pane and set the amount to zero. Done...

#13     Nov 20, 2009
  4. :D Just what I wrote about women and their SUVs... I could also write about functional analphabets, but what would be the point? :D

BTW P&L and position reporting in TWS is real-time, and shows exact and reliable data. RTFM... Or the dozens of threads here that explain everything clearly. But you seem to have a problem with comprehending posts, so good luck to you... :D

:D

#14     Nov 20, 2009
  5. realized p&l originating from fx positions is NOWHERE shown you moron, its you who has no clue. Go back into your cave because you are absolutely disqualified to discuss....

converting non-base currencies also does not work as it should. Try converting Korean Won (from Kospi position p&l) back to any of the other majors and you know what I am talking about.

Why is ET loaded with people who all the time think they know better than others no matter how much they lack in knowledge?

#15     Nov 20, 2009
  6. You'll find that the point of this thread is that the position in TWS is not exact and realiable. For example, if you trade a Yen denominated product and receive profit in Yen, there is no currency transaction recorded for the gain of the Yen. So, when the Yen is converted into US dollars, there is a transaction showing the conversion. This results in an apparent negative Yen balance.

This record in TWS is clearly not exact and realiable, because there is no actual negative balance of Yen. It simly shows up because TWS only records one half of the transaction in regard to foreign currency.

That is why it is necessary to manually correct it. It is necessary because it is otherwise incorrect, i.e. not exact and realiable.

#16     Nov 20, 2009