IB TWS FA allocation profiles disappeared

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by SideShowBob, May 4, 2006.

1. Has anyone had this happen to them? This morning I opened TWS the same as always, an automated order at 11:00 AM failed for trading permissions (that was the audit log error). I finally figured out all the allocation profiles were gone (I'm apparently not trapping all the correct API errors). I don't know why the profiles vanished .... does anyone have a way to back them up without using the API calls?

I tried using the restore settings option and restored from Monday, Tuesday, last Friday without any of these restores fixing my profiles (I know they were there yesterday -- orders went off that used them)

SSB

P.S. I'm using 853.7, the most recent version available when they last forced an upgrade (last Ocrober?). I won't be upgrading again until they force it :mad:

2. This appears to be an issue on their servers, I'm guessing someone wiped them out by accident with some kind of server reset.

I checked and you can use the VB demo in the API to get the XML text, so I backed it up to a text file on my PC. Next time they wipe out my profiles I'll have them all ready to be restored (why they would do this again I don't know but remember this is IB).

SSB