IB TWS dragging target order on chart

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by bitang, Aug 9, 2019.

1. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

That would defeat the purpose of my getting 4k monitors and lessen my screen real estate. Not gonna do that. A trading program shouldn't tax a video card trying to push those pixels

#11     Aug 9, 2019
  2. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

Glad to know it's not just me with the typing and missing keystrokes thing

#12     Aug 9, 2019
  3. bitang

bitang

1-2 sec chart load is for RTH, outside RTH TWS is slower, especially weekends

#13     Aug 9, 2019
  4. There is a setting in TWS to enable/disable changing the price of an order by dragging the horizontal line in the chart. Could it be that by some coincidence this has been set to disabled?

#14     Aug 10, 2019
  5. bitang

bitang

Could you help me out where is this setting?

#15     Aug 10, 2019
  6. This video shows how to enable/disable chart trading:
    It can be set for all charts in your TWS, or on an individual chart.

#16     Aug 10, 2019
  7. bitang

bitang

thank you for your effort to help me,

unfortunately it does not cover how to enable/disable grabbing by mouse different types of horizontal lines.
    but of course I will check the configuration panel again, so far I have not found.

I never thought this could be optional, taken granted that horizontal line grabbing is always on, at this time I don't know why would one disable it.

again, thank you for your time you took for answering

#17     Aug 10, 2019
  8. If you click on the target or the stop, you can then use up or down arrow keys to move the order. However you must then click "update" or else have a hotkey for that.

You can also adjust mouse grab sensitivity in the app settings. A good quality mouse or trackball helps, too. Adjust your operating system mouse settings for optimum performance.

I don't think 4k resolution is really needed. YMMV.

#18     Aug 10, 2019
  9. bitang

bitang

Thank you for your reply,

the issue is that TWS nonrespnosive on clicking on the line of the target order,

while it is always responsive on clicking on the stoploss order's line.

further strange things:

- sometimes on some instruments or on different chart window, TWS responsive on clicking on the target order's line. (986 version)

- sometimes it is nonresponsive on a chart window on the target order's line, while on the same instrument but different chart window responsive on clicking on the target order's line (still 968 version)

- was rather unpredictable behaviour in the last days on 968 version, but started to behave unanimously on all the charts when yesterday upgraded to 976.2 (always nonresponsive on target order but always responsive on stoploss)

- prevously upgraded to 976, but seeing how terrible it is, backported to the oldest version I have. after backport I built up my environement from a blank settings file. From then on I always save and store on a distinct location from the jts folder my settings files of the different versions. it was months ago.

- yestarday evening I backported again to 968, restored the settings file from my archive, the issue is gone momentarily.

I hope the older versions are usable for endless times...

#19     Aug 10, 2019
  10. Ryan81

Ryan81

I don't trust dragging order "lines" on charts. Maybe there's a setting I'm missing... but often times the "scale" of the chart along the y-axis changes while I'm in the middle of dragging -- which makes it unnerving to actually release the mouse button. I would not recommend doing this for a security that wasn't highly liquid with a tight bid/ask spread.

#20     Aug 16, 2019