IB TWS DDE example for struggling people.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jjk2, Feb 5, 2008.

1. jjk2

jjk2

for beginners who has no prior language exposure, Excel VBA was a good pick. but its not easy! IB API is very poorly documented and DDE is virtually completely ignored.

Its very time consuming to read through the incomplete docs on DDE and spending hours looking for the solution on the forum and group page, trying to re-engineering even the simplest functions and commands from sample TWSdde.xls that came with the package which a lot of the simple stuff are well hidden and poorly described.

Also figuring out how to insert the proper formula, even tho when u have double checked multiple times with the docs, it will throw the most interesting errors as I have spent hours banging my head.

so if you feel discouraged or overwhelmed like i have before, let me help you out with what i can.

the example is completely automated spreadsheet with full easy to understand commenting explaining important lines without beating around the bush, all source code lines have DIRECT & CLEAR explanation. you may also enter some variables, simply click Go, and it will run the trading logic and enter trades for you.

If you are interested feel free to pm me.