IB TWS convert stop to market order?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by illiquid, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Your welcome.

#11     Jul 31, 2003
  2. Remember, you can't change an order everytime you make a change in an open order, you are actually cancelling the old one and resubmitting a new order. Thus, last one in the queue again.

TM Trader

#12     Jul 31, 2003
  3. Robby

Robby

With the OCA solution, what happens if you only get a partial fill on the market order?

#13     Jul 31, 2003
  4. True, but I don't think that's the issue at hand here. We're just looking for a way to exit a trade without risk of getting both an open stop and a market order executed at same time, or conversely leaving yourself exposed by having to cancel the stop order first.

Good question :)

#14     Jul 31, 2003
  5. BT has the ability to convert the order to a market order after xx seconds....at least that's what it shows in the strategy for the order.
    Might be useful.

www.buttontrader.com

Bob

#15     Jul 31, 2003
  6. The way I would do it, after you have your stop order in, set up but don't enter a mkt order with the same oca as the stop. If you need to exit, hit transmit on the mkt order and the stop will get cancelled.

But I don't use mkt orders anymore. Occasionally on globex when I use mkt orders I get "unable to value contract".

Better is to use "Buy ask plus 4" or "sell bid minus 4"

#16     Jul 31, 2003