IB TWS connection problems at work. Desperate...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Tomaz26, Jan 7, 2018.

1. %%
    Good points; single stock risk,[500....] can be worth it, but when all of them ''trading like crazy'' exit.....LOL

I dont mind doing stuff on a 10 or 2 break time; but i had a client try to pay me by the hour, i said no thanks,i work by the job/contract +i like my own breaks, his wife laughed + agreed with me.I agree with Alax J+ if that Co wants undivided attention[some do, some dont care if you do a certain goal], dont use IB or any broker @ work. So to risk firing , learning to trade, too much risk/ arrogance for me.:D I do like to ask the bank for a free pen sometimes; the teller she always says ''OK'':caution:

#31     Jan 8, 2018
  2. ajacobson

ajacobson

Step out and use the mobile app unless you have an outright trading prohibition. Did you ever query the IT guys as to why it's not available ?
    Does you position/company put you in possession of any material non public information ?

#32     Jan 8, 2018
    trader42 and murray t turtle like this.
  3. Stdray

Stdray

Investfly offers web-based solution for connecting your IB account. You don't need to install any software, they do it all on the backend. You just need to create an account on their website and connect your IB account. You'll then be able to see your portfolio balance, your orders and submit trades too. Do give it a try, it cannot get simpler than this.

#33     Jan 9, 2018
  4. themickey

themickey

Based in India / India back office?
    This address looks like a block of flats: 417 Del Medio Ave, Mountain View, CA 94040

#34     Jan 9, 2018
  5. I guess your boss feels you should not be distracted with trading at work. Fair point. He is paying you during office hours. It is only right that he expects you to work during work and not trade during work.

#35     Jan 9, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. Tomaz26

Tomaz26

I do use mobile, but is is not good for making analysis.. To small, not a lot of functions etc. I want to analyze and compare different iron condors, spreads, volatility....

#36     Jan 13, 2018
  7. ajacobson

ajacobson

You kinda answered your own question. What is the minimum device that you can achieve what you want and what does it take to equip it for mobile access ?
    This doesn't solve the why question as to why they prohibit trading. Just going offsite could be a bad career move.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    #37     Jan 13, 2018
  8. You can consider buying a NUC (tiny PC) and use that as your trading system. The NUC can be very powerful systems. They are like a tiny desktop PC. You need to attach a keyboard/mouse and monitor to them. I recommend using a virtual KVM such as Input Director (Windows only). Input Director is a software that replaces a physical KVM. If that does not work, you may need to use a real KVM to switch between the NUC and your work PC.

#38     Jan 14, 2018
  9. cabanos

cabanos

You wrote the whole drama here. Rose the question and answered it by yourself. VPN will work, yes. Just install the software and the problem dealt with for good. Nord VPN is quite spread now. Check the nordvpn review

#39     Mar 26, 2018