IB TWS connection problems at work. Desperate...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Tomaz26, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Overnight

Overnight

You missed it. The one constant in the scenario is the company laptop. It would be the company laptop that is the issue.

#11     Jan 7, 2018
  2. d08

d08

I suppose so. Why doesn't he use his personal laptop then or get one...or the phone if that's not the option. That laptop probably has custom firewall rules on it.

#12     Jan 7, 2018
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Yah, that's what we were discussing up there. *points up* Silly.

#13     Jan 7, 2018
  4. drm7

drm7

Ipad/tablet with mobile capability for charting, webtrader for execution. I would be very, very careful messing with company IT stuff. That's a fireable offense where I work. Tethering work laptop with an unauthorized private phone would set off massive alarms.

#14     Jan 7, 2018
  5. zdreg

zdreg

I think it is a sign that you should get a new job.

#15     Jan 7, 2018
  6. He's currently locked inside of The Matrix. He needs to Free...His Mind. o_O
    [​IMG]
    His employers hold all the keys. They are the Gatekeepers.

#16     Jan 7, 2018
  7. Tomaz26

Tomaz26

ISP is ok. I tried at home and works fine. So it is most probably blocked at laptop somehow. Maybe firewall..

#17     Jan 7, 2018
  8. Tomaz26

Tomaz26

Meh, I have like 6-7 hours of free time with the current one, doubt I could fine a similar one :)

#18     Jan 7, 2018
  9. d08

d08

Custom firewall rules. Sounds like you don't know how to get around it so the choice is either boot up the laptop from a separate OS or maybe a VM.

#19     Jan 7, 2018
  10. Tomaz26

Tomaz26

Hmm, maybe VM would work. But not sure if I could run it without being admin. I will investigate this further. Same with separate OS. Maybe bootable from USB.

#20     Jan 7, 2018