IB TWS Charts

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by j1900q, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Some of the posts here remind me of a 5 year old writing on the wall with mommies lipstick.

#41     Jun 27, 2005
  2. cmk

cmk

4 year old dude, 4 year old. You are giving me 25% more credit than I deserve.

Seriously though, IB needs to get some better charts, QT historical prophet.net charts are 100 times better, actually, I prefer QT in general over IB TWS. Not all that impressed with the way the IB programmers have put things together. Thank goodness for API.

#42     Jun 27, 2005
  3. d9d

d9d

pullll-eeezee....just get the BACKFILL done. :p :p

Forget the damn charting. ALL of us are ALREADY using QT or something else.

All I'm looking for is 5-10 days backfill and a RELIABLE tws/quotes.

If you feel you absolutely MUST add some kind of 'feature', then fer goddsakes add something with VALUE.

Like a real-time scan-engine server with an API, so that QT can provide the user "programming" interface for it. I.e. a low-bandwidth-consmption system with the actual scanning running at IB.

Like trade-ideas, but running on the IB servers. Then it could do the options, futures, commods, forex, all the things trade-ideas doesn't do.

But do that SECOND, eh? :D

FIRST....just get the damn 5-day backfill ONLINE.

oh yeah...and fire 90% of those rude and clueless email-support people, and clone "Pete" twelve times... :D

In two years with IB, he is the ONLY one from whom I've ever gotten an accurate, clear, and COURTEOUS reply.

uhhh...did I remember to mention getting BACKFILL done?? :D

thanks!

#43     Jun 27, 2005
  4. Right d9d,

But first things first:
    (1) RELIABLE quotes (No TWS freezes - for years their TWS did operate without freezes!);
    (2) If the freeze problem is done away with, prudently try to get backfill working again;
    (3) Scrap charting all together. What good is a 'hiccup'-trading platform with crummy charts thrown in? (Nobody ever said the contrary on these threads about those charts).
    great!

If you feel you absolutely MUST add some kind of 'feature', then fer goddsakes add something with VALUE.

Don't listen to your programmers if your customers are telling you for months now that they screwed up your system as known from earlier days.

Stop all tinkering with BACKFILL till the TWS freeze is done away with.

Let's hope those "Pete" clones know something about programming working systems as well.

uhhh...did I remember to mention stopping the freezing first?? :D

#44     Jun 28, 2005
  5. ktm

ktm

IB can never be all things to all people. I think some of these immature clowns will stop at nothing...until IB starts simply depositing cash into their accounts. Short of that, some people will never be happy, or even civil for that matter.

#45     Jun 28, 2005
  6. 4 year olds are pretty smart. by the time they get to 5, they lose some of that.

Thus, the 5yo reference. It was deliberate.

#46     Jun 28, 2005