IB TWS Charts

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by j1900q, Jun 15, 2005.

1. QT uses whatever you specify. If you enter the symbol into QT without specifying the exchange, then it uses SMART. If you enter ISLAND:DELL for example, then it will be showing you data specific to ISLAND

#31     Jun 19, 2005
  2. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

Actually, we're very open to this idea, but according to their web site they do not offer support (http://www.object-refinery.com/jfreechart/support.html) and there is no contact info for any of their programmers.

#32     Jun 27, 2005
  3. Dear IB,

You haven't licked your basic problem yet.
    For about 4 weeks your quote stream came in as it should. (Didn't check accuracy anymore. Will do this perhaps later.) Since the last two weeks, I got the TWS quote freeze syndrome again, requiring a complete TWS shutdown and restart. In fact today, you got the problem thrice!!!

You are no longer the old reliable IB broker but became one of those run of the mill chart peddlers being moved by a crowd of lunatics.

IB, PLEASE STOP ALL THAT CRAP. GIVE US BACK THE IB WE USED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU STARTED WITH THAT CHARTING AND BACKFILL NONSENSE. YOUR PROGRAMMERS CLEARLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO LICK THAT.

Concentrate on your quote stream and your order processing business. We know from the past that you INDEED KNEW HOW TO DO THIS RIGHT. Your business simply can't stand this demonstrated incompetence much longer!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

#33     Jun 27, 2005
  4. Vote of confidence:

While I agree that the "new" IB seems to hiccup more often than the "old" IB I am quite pleased with the direction that the development is taking.

It may take a couple of years more, but it seems to me that IB is working towards creating a first class "integrated" trading platform.

My only suggestion/criticism would be that quotes seem to be dropping out more frequently than they used to... I had to wait around for CFC to start posting today. They're a bit too big an issue for that kind of thing to happen. On the positive side it got fixed within 5 mins or so...

#34     Jun 27, 2005
  5. How can one be pleased with this state of affairs? In brokerage only one thing counts: RELIABILITY. All the rest is CRAP.

Unfortunately, people finding out about this may not be patient enough to wait for "a couple of years" in order to straighten out what you call "hiccups". Brokers simply can't afford this.

#35     Jun 27, 2005
  6. Well,

The squeaky wheel gets the grease as they say -- which is OK by me as there "are" some issues.

I just think a pat on the back is in order from time to time.

Others may have had different experiences/losses...and I wouldn't argue with anyone who was in flames as a result.

#36     Jun 27, 2005
  7. I don't understand why they even bother with charting. 99% of IB users already have charting that is far superior to what IB offers. Or they could buy QCharts.

#37     Jun 27, 2005
  8. jond83

jond83

if they bought QCharts, there would be no stopping IB to being the best all around platform with the lowest fees

#38     Jun 27, 2005
  9. You can PM David Gilbert via the jfree message forum. Maybe IB could become a sponser or some such thing.

#39     Jun 27, 2005
  10. cmk

cmk

Are you kidding me IB? How about you don't waste your time on here justifying your employees and more time making some charts that dont look like a 4 year old drew on the wall with a crayon. Get a clue already and go back to work.

#40     Jun 27, 2005