IB TWS Charts

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by j1900q, Jun 15, 2005.

1. j1900q

j1900q

Def, I think IB does a wonderful job as a broker. I have no complaints there. The deal is, the new tws has one and 2 min charts that are of no value. It is not poss to see them. The 5 min and above are at least able to be seen. Now if they are going to go to all the trouble to provide charts, why not have them be of real value. I am just giving feedback. I'm sure in time the charts will be great, right now they are sure in need of help.
    Thanks
    Keith

#21     Jun 18, 2005
  2. Agree.

It's clear IB does everything else right.

It's just that with such an obviously superior data feed and execution system, it would be wonderful to have an equally superior charting application that would complete the trading platform.

Although as it stands a rollout of historical data backfill available through API for other third party charting applications would do nicely instead.

#22     Jun 18, 2005
  3. Backfill is already there in the API, Quotetracker has had it working for a month.

#23     Jun 18, 2005
  4. The_End

The_End

Would users be willing to pay some sort of premium for a quality charting package provided by IB to make it equitable for everyone? Just a thought.

#24     Jun 19, 2005
  5. But isn't the backfill only for 1 day? When will IB get the backfill to
    the projected 5-day point? Or do they already have the 5-day backfill working in QT?

#25     Jun 19, 2005

6. Yes only 1 day. 10 will be good. yrs of historical data will be ideal.:cool:

#26     Jun 19, 2005
  7. Yes, 10-days would be good and years would be fantastic. But for
    some reason, I have the feeling that one would have to wait 10 days
    for IB just to store up the 10-day backfill before they could send it
    out.

Waiting for the "years" backfill could really be a problem!... :p

#27     Jun 19, 2005
  8. TGM

TGM

They already have tons of data stored. They are getting the delivery system tuned up to dish it out.

#28     Jun 19, 2005
  9. TGM

TGM

Hey Def,

Tell the programmers to at least give us some basic color manipulation. For instance, I would like to choose between the white or black background in the charts. The new charts are better BUT I like the white color scheme.

#29     Jun 19, 2005
  10. That's good to hear... :cool:

#30     Jun 19, 2005