IB TWS bugs ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by NewTraderAdventure, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Must be an incredibly complex codebase by now.

Hard enough for the original programmers to maintain code like that

By now, many newbies must be on board.

Bugs ? Buggy releases ? Guaranteed

2. ET180

ET180

I mentioned a bug a while ago where the position delta was incorrectly computed (ignored contributions from long or short stock). IB responded and fixed the issue within a week or two. On Mobile TWS, sometimes the option chain takes a while to load and never completely loads, sometimes will not load unlike ThinkOrSwim which always loads promptly. Overall though, I like TWS and have not experienced major issues with it.

3. southall

southall

Is written in Java not python or javascript shite.
    Still if its badly written Java it can be hard to maintain by mediocre programmers. A good java dev like myself works on million line+ java systems everyday and wouldn't have many problems with the code base.
    The complexity normally comes from the developer not understanding what the business rules are, not from the complexity of the code base itself.
    TWS has always had bugs, used to be known as TraderBugStation station even 15 years ago.

4. Fun with Java logging (IB doesn't restart properly anymore because of this randomly appearing bug)

upload_2020-2-6_1-32-34.png

5. Really. You must be in the top .00000001% of programmers then . Congrats.

As I said, not only is it many years in the making, and complex, but NEW programmers that haven't built the code have to learn how it works, and make changes and additions.

WE know you must be a good java dev, you told us, but seriously, any experienced programmer knows you're blowing smoke

6. The're definitely working on it. I get a new install about every other day (seems like!).

7. southall

southall

Im a 100x person that Jobs is talking about in this interview :cool:
    And we are not that rare (.00000001%) as you suggest. We are probably as rare as highly profitable traders.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  8. that’s what test suits are for