IB TWS app closes on its own?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Baywolf, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Baywolf

Baywolf

So I am running my ATS via TWS API, and all is well on my part, but every time I wake up the next morning, TWS has disappeared from my desktop. So this is sort of a problem since some of my positions are still opened, the position state becomes un-synchronized and I have to manually close them to start over with a flat position. Is this the behavior of TWS?

2. Bob111

Bob111

3. Tums

Tums

Google for TWSStart

4. Baywolf

Baywolf

I am pretty sure this is the problem. Is there anyway to prevent auto-logoff? I set the logout time to time + 2 minutes. A popup came up and I tried to cancel it, but it still persisted and shut down TWS.

5. Bob111

Bob111

there is an TWSAPI group on yahoo. you can ask for solutions over there or use search within this group. i remember very long conversations about auto logoff issue.

6. gangof4

gangof4

TWS shuts itself down once every 24 hours. if you were awake when it happens, you'd see a popup box telling you that you have 5 minutes and gives you the option to change the time. that (when the box pops up) is the only way i know to change the time it does it. i don't think you can deactivate it.

HTH

7. Baywolf

Baywolf

OK. This is a show stopper for me. The programmers must be fans of LOST.

8. If you want to run it continuously then you can:

- manually adjust the exit time to 15 minutes before now a couple of times a day

- setup a macro that does the same thing from time to time.

There is also a TWS programing group in yahoo groups somewhere and I recall there was a clever little TWS no-stop option.

On the other hand, if it really is too much for you, I wish you goodbye. Please drop TWS and IB now and find another broker as soon as possible so that you waste no more of your, their or our time. And what the fuck is wrong with lost -- exactly?

9. moarla

moarla

you have to log off every 24 hrs.

10. Baywolf

Baywolf

This sounds good. I will do some research later on and post it back. Unless someone has that information handy.

#10     Oct 15, 2008