IB TWS APIs - Great until IB crippled them

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by dlincke, Feb 21, 2002.

1. alanm

alanm

Even a non-programmer can use one of the automated "if this dialog appears, then press this button" tools that are out there to do things automatically in Windows apps. There used to be one called "RtvReco" that I used to get rid of annoying messages. I'm sure there are others now.

Of course, it would be a violation to use such a thing to circumvent the lawful rules that have been put in place by the exchanges for the benefit of all. Choke.

#21     Feb 28, 2002
  2. alanm

alanm

http://www.amextrader.com/Trader/News/amexnotices/120401.stm

As freehouse pointed out, you wouldn't want to try to send/change/cancel orders to AMEX's execution system quickly anyway, because it's too slow. That must not have stopped some from trying, though, which no doubt gave them more message traffic than they could handle :)

By "auto-quoting", I mean automatically generating and maintaining orders at varying prices, usually according to changing prices in some other security or securities. For the purposes of this discussion, we'd be talking about buy and sell orders for options, based on the price of the underlying security.

#22     Feb 28, 2002