IB TWS API - new invalid symbol error

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ggoom, Jul 5, 2006.

1. ggoom

ggoom

I am using Amibroker with IB data for charts and tech. analysis. Today, nothing works saying that, for example, AAPL is not a valid symbol. TWS is working fine, so I guess IB changed the format of symbol names. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

ggoom

2. Bob111

Bob111

works fine for me. no changes been made for last 2 years at least.

3. ggoom

ggoom

I talked to some other people using IB and Amibroker. It seems that this is related with IB accounts. Some accounts are working properly, but some are not working. Would someone at IB check this issue?
    Thanks.

ggoom

4. Choad

Choad

5. ggoom

ggoom

Yes, I did.
    But, those guys do not know what is going on and are not willing to help.
    A one line reply: check with the software vendor.

6. ggoom

ggoom

I hope any IB representative here can help this issue. It seems that only new accounts with 6 digit id are affected, not the 'old' ones with 5 digit id.

Before IB made some changes on their servers, I can backfill and see quotes for say, AAPL, using the 3rd party software like Amibroker. Now, I cannot. The symbol AAPL is invalid. Instead, I need to type AAPL-SUPERSOES-STK or BA-NYSE-STK.
    Even AAPL-SMART-STK is not working. That is, I guess I am receiving only a part of market data to my software.

Even though TWS is working fine, in my case, using SMART routings, I cannot trade because I cannot perform accurate tech. analysis.

As I said, I tried with IB help with no help... Can someone in IB help me?

7. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

What version of TWS are you using and what's its date?

Latest date is June 20 12:xx

8. ggoom

ggoom

I am using the previous version May ?, 2006, but it doesn't matter. Some other users already tried new versions, moved back to old versions, and retried new versions, etc ...
    Thanks.

9. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Because there were some issues with two early releases of 860.9 (put up and taken down) with the corrections in 860.9 dated Jun 20, time 12:00:36pm.

Might want to give it a try.