IB TWS alternative

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by neutrino, Jun 27, 2008.

1. affan

affan

I hope FutureTrade rocks! :p

#11     Jul 2, 2008
  2. this is a dream I hope comes true...

all we need now is for IB to add a non-filtered data stream and that is game over... no retail firm will get close me thinks...

PS. does anyone know if the IB FIX option provides actual tick data or is it the same data stream as the IP version?

#12     Jul 5, 2008
  3. ITR2744

ITR2744

are there any news concerning this mysterious platform? :confused:

#13     Jul 29, 2008

4. sound like it go pushed out to "rolled out by year end" as per latest conference call.

#14     Jul 29, 2008
  5. just21

just21

TP said on the conference call a new algorithmic front end by the end of the year. I presume he was referring to www.futuretrade.com

#15     Jul 29, 2008
  6. sogodo

sogodo

free futuretrade.com for IB TWS client, where is it?
    died or what? was it pseudo-event or non-delivered promise?

thanks to all who knows (for real)

#16     Nov 21, 2008
  7. reread the quote to find out when its expected to be delivered.

#17     Nov 21, 2008
  8. sogodo

sogodo

ok, QuoteTrader is free etc.
    but, when clicking the provided url, it redirecits to
    http://www.esignal.com/esignal/esignal_ondemand.aspx
    and there is no any QuoteTrader anymore.

I managed to find the url to upgrade/download QuoteTrader 2 in elitetrader.com, and not anywhere else. When I downloaded and installed it (choosing only IB as data provider in options, because I don't have and don't need any other data source, incl. eSignal, of course), unfortunately, I was not able to enjoy the advertized features of QuoteTrader, because it produces the following error:

"Failed to check entitlements. Ensure that eSignal is correctly installed and try again".

My assumption could be that it does not make any business sense for eSignal to offer anything for free.

So, looks like eSignal did to QuoteTrader the same they did to AdvGet -- buried inside their clumsy behemothic platform.

By the way, when I click some urls on eSignal web site, I get ASP.NET aspx errors, and it's nothing to do with my local problems (that I don't have), because these errors are server errors produced by web application working on the eSignal side. Web pages, who cares? Worse, if the same thing happens with their expensive platform. No wonder big groups of traders leaving eSignal for MultiCharts that allows them to choose any data feed provider they wnat. be brutaly enforced and attached to datafeed and platform? Give them a choice, eSignal, before everybody left :)

Greed kills businesses.

#18     Nov 21, 2008
  9. I agree that if FutureTrade is any good it would make IB's offering pretty unstoppable. Anybody actually try out the FutureTrade platform?

End of the year is coming - I'm hoping, as a retail client, that I'll get access.

#19     Nov 21, 2008
  10. sogodo

sogodo

I hope it would not be a trick kinda adding new "free" software/feature, and increasing commission ( immediatly, or a bit later).
    Otherwise I definitely gonna leave IB with all new bells and whistles of the new "free" application.
    Any potential increase in the existing commission immediately makes such exciting new features just pointless. it's important to understand before rolling out "in package" (if any). deal breaker!

#20     Nov 21, 2008