IB TWS "Add new tab" problem

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by travis, Dec 1, 2010.

1. travis

travis

This is part of a trilogy, for build 911.3 at least.

Where did they put the menu to add a tab? By "tab" I mean a page where you add the symbols/tickers to display the quotes. A lot of the previous menus seem to be gone.

It is not under "file" nor does it show if you click the "+" symbol. Yes, if you hover on it, it says "click to add another page", but if you click it, it doesn't add anything and it just shows more menus. Now we have tricky menus, besides tricky "virtual FX positions".

Thanks.

Ok, solved. I clicked the plus symbol and then I clicked "Quote Monitor...". So it just took me 10 minutes to figure it out this time. However, I think it's time for microsoft and IB to give their software developers a break, because they're overdoing it. Once things work properly you just leave them alone and don't keep on changing them for the hell of it. Pay them to work on new programs and not on things that are already working.

P.S.:
    Let alone the fact that now they're changing the names of a lot of basic features. Instead of "cancelling" an order, now you "discard" it. Great, let's even reverse the mouse buttons.

2. Roark

Roark

I was wondering where the new tab option went. It's going to be a bit hard to remember. They should implement it lot like the browsers, where you just hit the plus sign adjacent the last tab and it gives you a new tab.

Bonus question, how do I keep order tickets from popping up when I want to enter a new order? It used to be I would click the bid or ask and my order would be entered and all I would have to do is thereafter hit transmit.

Usually I use bracket trader and I don't have to worry about it, but occasionally I do manually enter orders without the aid of a front-end.

3. Bob111

Bob111

welcome to the world of pain-

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=209289&perpage=6&pagenumber=10

where logic in applications or testing before any release does not apply. the world,where common basic rules of programming are ignored,where word intuitive is not known....the mega fucking whore of all software applications,who is dying in trying to satisfy every request of every mofo,who most likely produce big fucking zero in comissions for this firm..welcome to the world of TW fucking S

4. Here's another one for you guys: on TWS 911.3 there is several small icons on the right just above the TWS window. One of the icons looks like a funnel. When you run your mouse over it a box drops down which says "Show Completed Orders". If you check any of the boxes it leaves your orders on the display. If you don't, this red circle thing is constantly forming and pulsing at you. LOL. Is there anyway to turn this thing off, or delete it?

Thanks for any info.

OldTrader

5. travis

travis

If you really think about it, looking at excel even, and how bad it got with office 2007, the only software, or one of the few, that really has not changed and has kept ideal as it was from the start is the forum software of elitetrader: simple, effective, clear, orderly.

6. rsi80

rsi80