IB TWS: A tragedy in the making?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by kiwi_trader, Oct 6, 2009.

Which version of TWS have you found stable?

1. TWS 893

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. TWS 894

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. TWS 895

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. TWS 896

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. TWS 897

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. TWS 898

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Excellent post Mike. And excellent advice. You take responsibility for your own results.

OldTrader

#51     Oct 9, 2009
  2. Very helpful thread. I too am close to the point where I want only automated systems running. I'm ready to take execution out of my own hands. I've been wondering about what to do in terms of a broker because of all the horror stories I hear about using custom apps to run TWS. I've been with IB for about 3 years now and I have never had any significant problems with them - the only problems have been related to the functioning of TWS, but I run it with Button Trader. Unfortunately I don't have a guy like Robert Hoi hanging around to work magic and create workable solutions on demand. You guys who have programming chops are ahead of the game in this area.

Anyhow, it's useful to read about what other guys are experiencing.

#52     Oct 9, 2009
  3. r2d2

r2d2

Looks like many (most?) TWS users are reasonably happy with version 898, negating the need for a "TWS Lite" campaign.

Perhaps kiwi can post his experience with TWS version 898 in due course for our benefit?

#53     Oct 12, 2009
  4. Bob111

Bob111

IB is tragedy indeed..specially TWS...
    corrupted to the bone..
    all on same PC,different PC-whatever..
    on one account -you have to login twice to get the data, as i said before-on couple of accounts -update message pops up every time i log in. i don't have that pop up on other accounts. update on start up is disabled.
    here is something new i got just yesterday-charts stop working on one account. another account works fine on same PC..where is the end of this madness? i didn't touch i single thing,but every day-there is a surprise..
    and that's up with new front web page? why there is a changes\complete redesign every few months? people just got use to old design-BAM! totally different page..go figure how to find everything..

#54     Oct 22, 2009
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I'm on 898.4 and I have a weird problem with id sequence for orders. I stock the last id on each spreadsheet I use but when I go from one spreadsheet to another, the orders won't transmit even if id > the one used on former spreadsheet.

I need to reset id sequence whenever I change spreadsheet. At least now there is a button to reset in API settings.

#55     Oct 22, 2009