IB Trouble

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hoodooman, Mar 25, 2004.

1. That was really dumb of them to change the shortcut and not let folks know. Many people customize shortcuts, so the install won't overwrite the one they actually use.

So now they have to field 10,000 phone calls.

#11     Mar 25, 2004
  2. I can't remember an upgrade ever overwriting one of my shortcuts. Alot of people have customized stuff in them like noddraw and specific java locations so it would be a pain to have the install overwrite the shortcuts.

But if you do the clean install, it will install another desktop icon with the new shortcut (but doesn't overwrite the menu items in the start bar).

#12     Mar 25, 2004
  3. Fohat

Fohat

I had the problem when I upgraded from TWS 818 to 819.3, the java upgrade solved it.

#13     Mar 25, 2004
  4. Well I finally got my problem resolved by calling IB support. The only solution that they could come up with was to delete the latest version and go to their website and down load the previous version. This worked. The person who helped me said that he had been doing that same thing all day. No more new down loads for me.

Thanks again for all the replies. ET has a great bunch of members. Its the best thing that I have ever found on the net.
    regards to all
    hoodooman

#14     Mar 25, 2004
  5. BSAM

BSAM

I wish my good friends at IB would stop embarassing themselves and frustrating everyone else. Hoodoo what you went through is a bunch of doo doo.

Downloading software these days should be a seamless, virtually effortless task. Nobody should have to fear as to whether he can sign in and trade or not, based on some "bugs" in their brokers latest release of their software.

I'm on 817.3 and I'm "parking" there till some of this nonsense is sorted out. Come on IB, you're better than all this!!!

#15     Mar 25, 2004
  6. all I needed to do was use the new shortcut, with the new init string. Worked fine.

#16     Mar 25, 2004
  7. yes, works fine and isn't too complicated IMHO.

I can vaguely remember a warning after the upgrade about using new/old shortcuts. I didn't paid enough attention to it, so I first ended up using the old shortcut. ET solved the problem for me :D

#17     Mar 26, 2004
  8. ktm

ktm

Is anyone with a futures acct having trouble entering a new futures option line this morning?

When I type ES, then the dropdown appears - Futures Option is greyed out. I have about 30 others already on my screen and this is what I trade. The "option" selection is available and those contracts are (EUR), even though my acct is always strictly USD. I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem today?

#18     Mar 26, 2004
  9. Htrader

Htrader Guest

i've been using IB for over 2 years and their new versions have always had bugs, which usually get fixed by the time the next version comes out.

So i never upgraded unless i need the new features. At one point my version was six months old.

#19     Mar 26, 2004
  10. ktm

ktm

Regarding my previous post...IB confirmed it is a problem and they are looking into it. New lines for futures options contracts may not be able to be entered right now.

This does NOT look like it's version related. I was running 810 first thing this AM and had the problem, upgraded to 820.2 and it's still an issue. Existing contracts are still on my screen and getting quotes fine. I have entered a few orders and they seem to be transmitting fine, the issue is just getting a new contract line.

#20     Mar 26, 2004