IB Trouble Ticket Over 1 Month Old

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by cscott, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Of course! And when it wouldn't, I took it back to the Honda dealership to be fixed.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of IB, and I'm sure Salvatore has his hands full with tons of "I refuse to read the manual, so fix it for me" queries. I don't envy him his job.

Still, there's always room for improvement. Tickets shouldn't be closed until the problem is resolved. Customers who are doing their best to help IB find and fix issues shouldn't be blown off for months on end. There needs to be a level 2 support for real issues that need further investigation.

But hey, it's their business, and the cost/benefit analysis of my staying a customer of IB is overwhelmingly in their favor. I just wish a few things worked better. :)

#21     Mar 19, 2007
  2. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Definite room for improvement. Definite.

If only there was viable competition to IB to turn things up a notch. They're kind of in the same position as Microsoft. "Kinda."

Just one company that tries to match IB's offerings. Just one.

Nevertheless, as you have, I have to give credit where credit is due. They have been progressing nicely in many areas.

Good trading bruddah.

#22     Mar 19, 2007
  3. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

To play the middle here:

I'm not sure Jim & I would get along... but I can't think of anything he's said in a large # of posts that I'd disagree with, he's very blunt, very honest, very fair.

Yet, I've got trouble tickets that ARE about that stale, and no response as well--and I'm a heavy user for years...I don't need my hand held & I'm technically proficient. I might do 1-2 tickets a year.

IB trouble tickets:
    It sends me over the deep end when they respond with "it's your internet connection" or "send more information",
    BASICALLY any IB "Hello, I'm not trying to help AT ALL, but could you waste more time and resources and repeat what you originally said?" type of response.

Sorry IB, but I really don't have time to be wasted like that.

I've been told by TAC at IB, that the unassignment of tickets isn't correct. They HAVE BEEN assigned, but it simply doesn't show on our end sometimes. Not sure what to think of that.

On the bright side, a weekend of complete re-install of everything from the OS up, due to this...using TWS 868 (vs the previous couple) is testing well. Maybe there's hope for my TWS issues this week. At first glance, it looks like 868 will be my favorite out of everything for the last 2-3 years previous. We'll see come monday.

-Cheers,
    -NBBO

#23     Mar 19, 2007
  4. Mr.NBBO,

I agree with you that there are serious problems with IB's response to bug reports and other technical problems. I personally stay with IB because, for me, these problems are outweighed by the good at IB. I also believe that IB has made great strides in addressing these weaknesses, and that it intends to continue doing so. The content and style of cscott's criticisms are, regrettably, destructive to IB, its customers, and their joint efforts to improve IB's performance.

#24     Mar 19, 2007
  5. I too have had trouble tickets remain unanswered. I ended up filling a trouble ticket on my trouble ticket. When the guy responded, he said that my initial trouble ticket was no longer showing up.

This experience happened more then 6 months ago. I had thought they would have fixed the problems. I guess not! Pretty poor form IMO.

Best regards,
    MK

#25     Mar 19, 2007
  6. cscott

cscott

UPDATE: Someone from IB sent me a private message asking me for the ticket number. I gave it to them in hopes they would answer the ticket. That was several days ago, and ticket is still unanswered.

#26     Mar 21, 2007
  7. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

I'm got stale trouble tickets that are being hammered away on right now. It's a complex issue, but I'm dealing with the right IB guys now that can fix it.
    They are there....it's just tough to get to them.

#27     Mar 21, 2007
  8. cscott

cscott

My ticket was not a critical one that needed immediate attention. I would hope they answer the critical tickets first. However, I'd expect them to get to the non-critical tickets in less than a month's time.

#28     Mar 21, 2007